News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: 2015 CIAA Media Predicted Order of Finish  (Read 1981 times)

Offline lew9ball

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://TU
Re: 2015 CIAA Media Predicted Order of Finish
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 04:00:09 PM »
FSU is definitely picked way too high.  We'd be lucky to win four games.  We have no athletic budget.  We had to call Hasbro and have them donate horse shoes for us. 

Our training table consists of dry bread and Nutella with sugar water for breakfast.  Lunch consists of leftover biscuits from breakfast and molasses with scraps of scrapple and liver pudding to be washed down with red Kool Aid.  (They want more for the blue Kool Aid.)  For dinner we have boiled potatoes, wild onions (if we can find any), dandelions, and whatever the academic students didn't eat for lunch.  Washed down with water in a old rusty bucket and a tin ladle passed around the tables.
Cmon..y, it can't be that bad ..   :-X :snicker.
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else"
                       Booker T. Washington

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 CIAA Predicted Order of Finish
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 04:11:39 PM »

1 Winston-Salem
    2 Virginia State
    3 Virginia Union
    4 Fayetteville State
    5 Bowie State
    6 Elizabeth City State
    7 Livingstone
    8 Shaw University
    9 Chowan
    10 Johnson C. Smith
    11 Saint Augustine's
    12 The Lincoln University

If we win the CIAA this year after losing almost all our starters, then the CIAA is a weak conference. There were a lot of very young teams in the conference last year and some of them should be better than us. We (WSSU) have an outstanding freshman class coming in and plenty of new D1 transfers joining us this year. But our experience level should be very low. We will know how good we are after the first three games. If we win two of them, then, know one in the conference would beat us. Two of our first three opponents would win the CIAA. In fact, Valdosta and TU would win or contend for both the MEAC and SWAC titles. Our opponent in the CIAA championship game ...if we make it, would be our third or fourth hardest team.

Really? ::)  We played Tuskegee last year and they were the conference champions.  We were 4-8 and near the bottom of the SWAC conference.  How did our game with them turn out????  Save your jabs for trying to win the CIAA.  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 04:13:37 PM by Que82 »
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 08:17:39 PM »

1 Winston-Salem
    2 Virginia State
    3 Virginia Union
    4 Fayetteville State
    5 Bowie State
    6 Elizabeth City State
    7 Livingstone
    8 Shaw University
    9 Chowan
    10 Johnson C. Smith
    11 Saint Augustine's

If we win the CIAA this year after losing almost all our starters, then the CIAA is a weak conference. There were a lot of very young teams in the conference last year and some of them should be better than us. We (WSSU) have an outstanding freshman class coming in and plenty of new D1 transfers joining us this year. But our experience level should be very low. We will know how good we are after the first three games. If we win two of them, then, know one in the conference would beat us. Two of our first three opponents would win the CIAA. In fact, Valdosta and TU would win or contend for both the MEAC and SWAC titles. Our opponent in the CIAA championship game ...if we make it, would be our third or fourth hardest team.

Really? ::)  We played Tuskegee last year and they were the conference champions.  We were 4-8 and near the bottom of the SWAC conference.  How did our game with them turn out????  Save your jabs for trying to win the CIAA.  :lol:

I did not say they would have won the SWAC but that they would contend. The one game you played don't mean that they would not have beaten other SWAC teams. They have done it in the past. Besides, I was not putting the SWAC down, but only giving credit to TU and Valdosta State for having good teams. You might be trying to make it more than it is. Nothing I sad was negative about the SWAC and no jabs was taken.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2015, 02:12:25 AM »

1 Winston-Salem
    2 Virginia State
    3 Virginia Union
    4 Fayetteville State
    5 Bowie State
    6 Elizabeth City State
    7 Livingstone
    8 Shaw University
    9 Chowan
    10 Johnson C. Smith
    11 Saint Augustine's

I did not say they would have won the SWAC but that they would contend. The one game you played don't mean that they would not have beaten other SWAC teams. They have done it in the past. Besides, I was not putting the SWAC down, but only giving credit to TU and Valdosta State for having good teams. You might be trying to make it more than it is. Nothing I sad was negative about the SWAC and no jabs was taken.

???? Did you actually read what you wrote?????
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 02:16:23 AM by Que82 »

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2015, 06:51:32 PM »

1 Winston-Salem
    2 Virginia State
    3 Virginia Union
    4 Fayetteville State
    5 Bowie State
    6 Elizabeth City State
    7 Livingstone
    8 Shaw University
    9 Chowan
    10 Johnson C. Smith
    11 Saint Augustine's

Again, my point was to talk about how good TU was, and not put down the SWAC. This is clearly what I was trying to communicate. so let's not make it more than what it is.  Picking a few statements and leaving the rest of it out, is not interpreting what is being said. Besides, who knows how good either would do in the SWAC, they don't play any of the schools in that conference.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2015, 07:51:53 PM »

1 Winston-Salem
    2 Virginia State
    3 Virginia Union
    4 Fayetteville State
    5 Bowie State
    6 Elizabeth City State
    7 Livingstone
    8 Shaw University
    9 Chowan
    10 Johnson C. Smith
    11 Saint Augustine's

Again, my point was to talk about how good TU was, and not put down the SWAC. This is clearly what I was trying to communicate. so let's not make it more than what it is.  Picking a few statements and leaving the rest of it out, is not interpreting what is being said. Besides, who knows how good either would do in the SWAC, they don't play any of the schools in that conference.
I interpreted exactly what you posted.  :shrug:  If you meant something else then you should have written something else.  In this medium it is hard to interpret what someone is thinking so when you type you should be concise.  Putting that statement in there will only be interpreted by MEACers and SWACers one way which is why you received the response you got.  Post what you mean and mean what you post.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2015, 10:26:41 PM »

1 Winston-Salem
    2 Virginia State
    3 Virginia Union
    4 Fayetteville State
    5 Bowie State
    6 Elizabeth City State
    7 Livingstone
    8 Shaw University
    9 Chowan
    10 Johnson C. Smith
    11 Saint Augustine's

I interpreted exactly what you posted.  :shrug:  If you meant something else then you should have written something else.  In this medium it is hard to interpret what someone is thinking so when you type you should be concise.  Putting that statement in there will only be interpreted by MEACers and SWACers one way which is why you received the response you got.  Post what you mean and mean what you post.

Okay!

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 CIAA Media Predicted Order of Finish
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2015, 04:18:59 PM »
Bowie is going to be tested early.  They start the season with three road games.  The first two are certainly winnable, but they have to travel up to Andover Massachusetts the first week, then it's down to the Smokey Mountains of NC the second.  Their third game, they head back up to New England to go up against a I-AA team.  Should they come out of that stretch with a winning record, look out. 

I AGREE.  BOWIE WAS PICKED TOO LOW.  BUT THAT IS OK, WE WILL CATCH ONE OF THE VIRGINIA TEAMS ASLEEP AGAIN.   :popcorn:
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News