News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Does Your HBCU Sell Replica Jerseys of Former Player Greats?  (Read 3367 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Does Your HBCU Sell Replica Jerseys of Former Player Greats?
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2015, 03:12:43 PM »
This is part of the problem.

Years ago GK gave me a Tuskegee t-shirt at a Freedom Classic.  Mommie y saw the t-shirt and wanted it.  I gave the t-shirt to her.  Eventually she stopped wearing it.  When I asked why she said she was tired of people asking her if she went to Tuskegee.  When she said no, they asked why was she wearing the t-shirt.  They couldn't fathom that she could have just liked the shirt.  Yet, nobody questions her when she wears a UNC-Chapel Hill t-shirt. 

The mentality of Negroes have to change.  It starts with our alumni.  Mommie y has even been questioned for wearing FSU gear.  Too many of our alumni believe only alumni should wear our school gear.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline BulldogWillie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2015, 10:31:34 AM »
FSU had to stop selling FSUHALL's jersey because every time a shipment arrived people got crushed and trampled when they opened the doors.

WOW! :o

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2015, 01:48:18 PM »
Was it the correct # for Earl?  Most of his throwbacks had him as #15, which was his Knicks #.  He was 10/11 @ WSSC, and 10 for les Boulez?

Good points 55, olecshool, and OW.  I used to sell some NICE HBCU sweatshirts in the early 90s.  The were very simple, and the light gray made everyone's school colors really show out in the trim, even the schools with dark "plain" colors.  In fact I'm mad I can't find mine old as it is.  I started off well, but faded fast for reasons you stated above. 

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule