News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: When We Attack Serena Williams' Body, It's Really About Her Blackness  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Bearforlife

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: When We Attack Serena Williams' Body, It's Really About Her Blackness
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 03:24:07 PM »
Serena is curvy...and strong. Clearly the waif body is NOT winning tennis grand slams. So these lithe tennis players need to hit the iron.

She is an ATHLETE! Her body is toned and appropriate for her sport. She's tall and when Serena is in a dress I don't see how anybody thinks she looks like a man. Also, I am sure we've all seen her swimsuit pics...ain't nothing manly or brute about her. She's a brickhouse that can kick everybody's butt in tennis!

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2015, 04:04:25 PM »
I inferred nothing.  You made an incorrect assumption.

Then I apologize and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Apology not needed but accepted.

Quick question, earlier you said Serena is "too masculine".  What's masculine about her? 

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 04:23:49 PM »
:lol: :lol:..........damn, Alum, you went "Cholly" on dude.  Tore into that mofo like a pit bull and wouldn't let go.  :lol:

Now there are TWO mofos I don't wanna f with on this board.  :lol:

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2015, 05:12:09 PM »

Quick question, earlier you said Serena is "too masculine".  What's masculine about her? 

For me, I think her arms and shoulders are too big. But that's just something I don't care for, while others see it being attractive. There is somebody for everybody as they say. Regardless of my preferences, she is still an outstanding person as well as a tennis player. I don’t think that she would find me attractive for her either. So I guess we could call it even.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 05:25:30 PM »
OK.  Thanks.  I'd call it more muscularity vs masculinity.  To each their own! 

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2015, 07:38:30 PM »
The media states that Serena is "manly" looking, but yet the same media portrays Bruce "Caitlyn" Jenner  as beautiful. The FRACK?!?!?  :shrug:

::)  The Frack INDEED, Punchy.. see, that's that bullchit that really pisses me the fugg OFF! You wanna praise Jenner for altering himself physically, not to mention those who pay $$$$ to get lip injections for full lips like ours, round bootays like ours, thickness here and there like ours, yet you want to ridicule OURS...really? 

Like I told some of the white guys at work, she si what you call FINE!
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2015, 11:31:51 PM »
Serena Williams Gives Shout-Out to Her 'Haters' and Shows Off Bikini Instagram After Body-Shaming Controversy

BY JACQUELINE ANDRIAKOS 07/14/2015 AT 12:55 PM EDT

Tennis all-star Serena Williams isn't sweating the comments from her critics – that's just a glow from the Swedish sunshine.

The Wimbledon victor, 33, shared pictures on Tuesday from her beachy trip overseas, sporting a cleavage-baring bikini top and Nike cap.

Offline Pirate12

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2015, 12:35:51 PM »

For me, I think her arms and shoulders are too big. But that's just something I don't care for, while others see it being attractive. There is somebody for everybody as they say. Regardless of my preferences, she is still an outstanding person as well as a tennis player. I don’t think that she would find me attractive for her either. So I guess we could call it even.

What you cats fail to understand is Ram55 likes those girls that are the drag queen type like GetUp Rams. Why do yall think he was always taking up for his Boo on this board. :snicker

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2015, 01:03:10 PM »

What you cats fail to understand is Ram55 likes those girls that are the drag queen type like GetUp Rams. Why do yall think he was always taking up for his Boo on this board. :snicker

Where have you been? I missed ya.

Offline Pirate12

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 10:32:29 AM »

The bottom line is that Maria Sharapova has lost to Serena 17 times in a row! This no-body, flat chested chick Maria Sharapova http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3167382/Maria-Sharapova-flaunts-enviably-toned-lithe-bikini-body-tiny-two-piece-whilst-enjoying-break-sport-Montenegro.html had the nerve to laugh at Carolina Wozniac's imitation   of Serena in 2012   Then a very ignorant (notice I didn't call her a Coon or Aunt Mandy) Jemele Hill has the temerity to say Wozniac's imitation was not racist http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/8739851/caroline-wozniacki-impersonation-serena-williams-racist.  Now some have said Wozniac and Serena are friends. If this is true Serena needs to kick Woziniac's (bleep) and then set her up on a date with Bill Cosby! :tiptoe:

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 11:57:01 AM »

The bottom line is that Maria Sharapova has lost to Serena 17 times in a row! This no-body, flat chested chick Maria Sharapova http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3167382/Maria-Sharapova-flaunts-enviably-toned-lithe-bikini-body-tiny-two-piece-whilst-enjoying-break-sport-Montenegro.html had the nerve to laugh at Carolina Wozniac's imitation   of Serena in 2012   Then a very ignorant (notice I didn't call her a Coon or Aunt Mandy) Jemele Hill has the temerity to say Wozniac's imitation was not racist http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/8739851/caroline-wozniacki-impersonation-serena-williams-racist.  Now some have said Wozniac and Serena are friends. If this is true Serena needs to kick Woziniac's (bleep) and then set her up on a date with Bill Cosby! :tiptoe:

No, no, not Bill.  :lol:

Offline skegeeu97

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 02:19:27 PM »
This attack on Serena's body type is nothing new for women's tennis.  As I posted on another link, Martina Navratilova got the same hate for her body during the 1980's when she was dominating Chris Evert.  Martina was the first in this sport to include weight lifting in her training.  To a lesser extent, Zina Garrison and Lori McNeal (Houston, TX - McGregor Park) caught some flack as well - even though they weren't winning Grand Slam titles in singles.
Philanthropy is commendable, but it must not cause the philanthropist to overlook the circumstances of economic injustice which make philanthropy necessary.  Martin Luther King, Jr.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule