News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Joel Hopkins Named Shaw's Coach  (Read 1281 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Joel Hopkins Named Shaw's Coach
« on: June 05, 2015, 02:25:28 PM »
Onnidan.com is reporting that Joel Hopkins is back at Shaw.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Joel Hopkins Named Shaw's Coach
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 02:28:47 PM »
Okay.....
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Offline DTMCYB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 01:43:26 PM »
 :popcorn:

Offline POINT GUARD

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 09:48:51 PM »
I knew it was going to happen and with the arrival of the new Prez - Mother U might be on to something.  I think it's good timing -  they might be able to work well together. 

Offline EL-COTTON

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 12:20:08 AM »
He's a winner.
Deeds not stones, are the true monuments of the great.

Offline RoadJack

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 11:05:31 PM »
I think Joel Hopkins is good for the CIAA....A little rough around the edges, but everywhere he has been, he has proved he can coach and recruit.  I am glad he is back.  Just coach and recruit inside the rules.

Coach Hopkins just slow your roll a little bit on the money ball, the money will come....or a bigger opportunity.

Offline Pirate12

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 02:07:43 PM »

Whelp,

Shaw will win with this guy...all it will take is a couple of midnight runs on MEAC, SWAC and ACC teams http://espn.go.com/magazine/vol4no06mtzion.html  :snicker

But seriously Shaw winning one or two CIAA championships is only a small distraction from the real problem at hand and CAP (and every other alumnus and supporter of Shaw) knows what I am talking about. Because winning a league or national championship paid dividends Shaw would be one rich and well-supported college.  :tiptoe:

By the way is it true Cap that you were brought on to be Hopkins's personal physician/massage therapist?

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 03:18:02 PM »
No,  I'm his personal handler, hired to keep him out of trouble. But as long as he wins, I will turn a blind eye to all his misdeeds.  :nod:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News