News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Will the MEAC Schedule Less PWI Since They Have the Celebration Bowl?  (Read 5187 times)

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Will the MEAC Schedule Less PWI Since They Have the Celebration Bowl?
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2015, 05:58:24 PM »
2002 ncat vs jsu 18436

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2002/Internet/single%20game/IAA_teamattend.html

Thats basically 19k.  Strategic scheduling.  It was the aggies' season home opener and a night game according to the NCAA. 

They've had a lot less than that given the same circumstances.

Again, give Jackson State a call. :lol:

We finished #1 in the MEAC  in attendance with a regional schedule. As A&T is looking for a new conference  affiliation that formula is not likely  to change.

:o 

CIAA? Hell, it worked for WSSU.

I would have no problem with moving to the ciaa if it is determined to be in our best interest. Nothing  wrong with the MEAC  either. We just need a conference with a more compact geographical area.

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2015, 07:59:36 PM »
2002 ncat vs jsu 18436

Thats basically 19k.  Strategic scheduling.  It was the aggies' season home opener and a night game according to the NCAA. 

We finished #1 in the MEAC  in attendance with a regional schedule. As A&T is looking for a new conference  affiliation that formula is not likely  to change.

I would have no problem with moving to the ciaa if it is determined to be in our best interest. Nothing  wrong with the MEAC  either. We just need a conference with a more compact geographical area.

I definitely feel you. If JSU had the luxury of all those regional, historical rivals like yall, I would definitely want us to move.

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2015, 08:12:03 AM »
we should continue to schedule as we have been. Just beat whoever shows up opposite of you

We played Towson hard last year.  That is a very good FCS team.  You find your levels as a team, up or down, with that type competition.  Sure it is difficult to defeat a national recruiters, like Duke, however, its a fan favorite and you have to bring your A game and enthusiasm  of typical  D1 athletes to compete by being in top condition the day practice opens.   You are expected to run reps at full speed and as many as time allows.  We need to beat whoever shows up opposite of you as AggieManiac posted.  Schedule competition. Got a game the fans want with Duke, at Duke in Durham. Nice atmosphere and game day experience and NCCU fans and all of Walltown, Hicktown, Hayti, North Durham, Pearsontown and the West End will be in the Stadium. Its big fun and we have shown Duke a different gameday atmosphere.  We party.  Its like a black Durham neighborhood homecoming. Duke University has about 10,000 employees, the largest in Durham and many attend a game costing only $20.00 to sit in the curve of Wallace Wade (that is being completely renovated at this time and we will open the stadium to the public with this game). That is a bargain and cheaper than NCCU tickets for our home game.  But you know Duke got billions flowing to them from myriad of sources.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 08:32:16 AM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »
Am I also understanding that members of the MEAC cannot schedule any pwi's on the schedule? just seeking clarity.

I seriously doubt that is the case.  

I just doubt that we'll get schedules with PWCs in the future because since we're not playoff bound for at least the next 6 years, their perception might be that the PWCs strength of schedule might be diluted with and HBCU on their schedule. Or they might be scared of losing to that HBCU, which would really hurt their chances of making the playoffs.

The SWAC has been able to get quality PWC games and we havent been apart of the playoffs in 16 years.

Well,,,,,,what works for the SWAC might not necessarily work for the MEAC. Only time will tell, in this instance.  :popcorn:
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2015, 03:55:33 PM »
2002 ncat vs jsu 18436

I definitely feel you. If JSU had the luxury of all those regional, historical rivals like yall, I would definitely want us to move.

I'm talking more about FCS than historic rivals. There's more than enough FCS programs within a 4 hour radius of Greensboro that we should have no problem scheduling and our fans will show up to see.   

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2015, 04:36:05 PM »
Decks, I could see A&T and UNCC developing a good series in football and basketball.

Offline Aggie D.

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2015, 09:38:49 PM »
I believe N.C. A & T could easily change conferences, keep at least three HBCU/MEAC games (NCCU, Howard, SCSU, and/or maybe WSSU if they ever come around) on the schedule, and still not miss a beat.  Aggie fans have proven to be supportive regardless who's on the other side of the field and I believe any regional matchup would have the same draw as our MEAC games against Del State, B-CU, FAMU, Morgan, SSU, and Hampton.     

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News