News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: NCCU loses 3 Assistants  (Read 5354 times)

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: NCCU loses 3 Assistants
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 11:09:14 PM »
1.Brian Ferguson-Unemployed when hired by NCCU. Tennessee Tech/Winthrop (Doubled Salary with Car)
2.Kevin Wilson- Unemployed when hired by NCCU as Director of Basketball and now NCCU Associate AD
3.Wes Pifer- Unemployed until hired by NCCU. Now Associate Head Coach at N. Arizona. (Doubled his salary and was given a car to my knowledge)
4. John Moseley Unemployed when hired by NCCU now Head Coach at Lincoln
5. Jake Williams- Unemployed when hired by NCCU as DBO now #1 Assistant at Northwest Florida (#1 JC in US)
6. Brian Burg- Unemployed when hired by Moton, now making 107k and a car at Little Rock
7. Michael Cotton- Hired by NCCU and has doubled his salary with a car by going to Kennesaw State as #1 assistant under his former college coach.

I would say there's a pattern here ladies and gents of coaches being molded and presented with better opportunities.

Boomer knows a little too much about the coaches as per his post.  Were they  all, unemployed, off the street, when hired at NCCU.  Were they critical to NCCU programs success? Would their new homes hold them in such low esteem as hires as stated by Boomer.  Just sounds like Boomer had little regard for them relative to successes in our program.  Hoping for the best in the future of these gentlemen.  Just trying to figure how someone knows so much about their resumes and what salaries they obtained at the new schools. UNLESS       :nod:    Strange that you only see their pictures in programs but not a word as to the values they brought to our  program.  Is it a one man show?   :shrug:  Would coach, hire his likeness, former alumni, inexperienced, giving another an opportunity to grow as was afforded to him by Dickerson and the AD, or is his memory that short?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:44:44 PM by Thinkingaboutit »

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 11:26:20 PM »

Boomer knows much about the coaches and as per his post, they were all unemployed,  when hired.  How critical were they to programs success? Would their new head coaches consider them off the street hires.  Just sounds like the program had little regard for them relative to successes in our program.  Hoping for the best in future of these gentlemen. 

???
Confusing statement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 11:47:48 PM »

Boomer knows much about the coaches and as per his post, they were all unemployed,  when hired.  How critical were they to programs success? Would their new head coaches consider them off the street hires.  Just sounds like the program had little regard for them relative to successes in our program.  Hoping for the best in future of these gentlemen. 

???
Confusing statement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you surprised?

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 01:52:41 AM »
I don't remember Kevin Wilson being on the basketball coaching staff.  Brian Burg came to NCCU from Campbell University.  So he was working just prior to coming to NCCU.  I was told that the top assistant at NCCU was earning $65,000 a year.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 04:56:21 AM »
I don't remember Kevin Wilson being on the basketball coaching staff.  Brian Burg came to NCCU from Campbell University.  So he was working just prior to coming to NCCU.  I was told that the top assistant at NCCU was earning $65,000 a year.

I have no idea as to what they make, however, if he came from Campbell to NCCU, you assume he came for more.  I don't think NCCU can pay the salaries (if what we are told is true) that they have secured.  I'll assume we pay average with many FCS type schools. 

Offline fanatic87

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 07:53:32 AM »
Slope, Brian Burg was on the staff at Cam[bell that was Fired before coming to NCCU. Kevin Wilson was Moton's graduate assistant 5 years ago. Moton gave him his start.

Offline fanatic87

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2015, 07:58:36 AM »
ThinkAboutIt.
Thats the problem my friend. You are assuming NCCU pays the average as other FCS schools and you are WRONG. The likelihood of coaches being promoted to FCS programs from the MEAC are slim. Thats why those moves may be financial but in most cases its Opportunity. Every post you make about Moton has a negative stigma attached to it. If this was anyone other Head Coach, you'll be raving about how he's the constant denominator...blah blah blah. Of course the Assistants made strong contributions, but Give the man credit for developing coaches and creating new avenues for them.

Offline Boomer

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2015, 08:08:18 AM »
Of course I'm familiar  with the amenities of the program. I give to NCCU MBB and Support them wholeheartedly. I attend practices, and staff dinners, so I'm very much aware of the surroundings. Every assistant coach that I've spoken with credits Moton for giving them an opportunity, and tutelage. Its huge hen they move on but yet remain great friends. If it was Shaka Smart, ya'll would commend him for developing a coaching tree.. :shrug:

Offline InTheHunt

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2015, 08:14:37 AM »
Name me a coach in the MEAC that has created opportunities for their assistants besides MOTON? (Don't worry I'll wait). Do you think coaches desire to stay in the MEAC???? ::) ::)

Lol I'm pretty sure no other coach has a personal PR machine like coach moton....

Offline InTheHunt

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2015, 08:19:27 AM »
Please stop with the misinformation.
NCCU assistant coaches make 47k & 50K

Of course they are leaving for greener pastures and more money. From my understanding, Moton tells them when he hires them that if they bust they're butt and work, 2-3 years is the max that they will be in the program. Please understand that any D1 School outside the MEAC offers better packages to assistants and often include a PHONE, CAR, Cell phone, and Camp MONEY!

Moton keeps all the money from his camps? Thought his assistants worked his camps....guess being in his presence is compensation enough. I think only thing nccu assistants don't have is a car.... Is that correct Boomer?

Offline Boomer

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2015, 10:44:12 AM »
InTheHunt,
Wrong again buddy. My wife's nephew is video coordinator and Moton gave him half of camp revenue himself. Stop with the Black on Black crime and misinformation will you?

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
  • SH*T TALKER BUT IT'S ALL LOVE !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2015, 10:50:17 AM »
1.Brian Ferguson-Unemployed when hired by NCCU. Tennessee Tech/Winthrop (Doubled Salary with Car)
2.Kevin Wilson- Unemployed when hired by NCCU as Director of Basketball and now NCCU Associate AD
3.Wes Pifer- Unemployed until hired by NCCU. Now Associate Head Coach at N. Arizona. (Doubled his salary and was given a car to my knowledge)
4. John Moseley Unemployed when hired by NCCU now Head Coach at Lincoln
5. Jake Williams- Unemployed when hired by NCCU as DBO now #1 Assistant at Northwest Florida (#1 JC in US)
6. Brian Burg- Unemployed when hired by Moton, now making 107k and a car at Little Rock
7. Michael Cotton- Hired by NCCU and has doubled his salary with a car by going to Kennesaw State as #1 assistant under his former college coach.

I would say there's a pattern here ladies and gents of coaches being molded and presented with better opportunities.

Your post is very misleading first these guys were coaching other places and in most cases were on staffs that the coach got fired. Next most coaches on the lower end of D1 will move around every year or two. I am sure Central has helped them but lets not make it seem like he is Bill Walsh

Offline Boomer

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2015, 11:22:16 AM »
DES- No one said he was Bill Walsh and my posts are not misleading.
Ferguson was working in corporate America.
Kevin Wilson was staright out of grad school.
Wes Pifer was released from St. ANdrews.
John Moseley had been released for 2 years from ECU
Brian Burg was released from Campbell..
Last time I checked, that means they were unemployed when he hired them.

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
  • SH*T TALKER BUT IT'S ALL LOVE !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2015, 12:34:17 PM »
DES- No one said he was Bill Walsh and my posts are not misleading.
Ferguson was working in corporate America.
Kevin Wilson was staright out of grad school.
Wes Pifer was released from St. ANdrews.
John Moseley had been released for 2 years from ECU
Brian Burg was released from Campbell..
Last time I checked, that means they were unemployed when he hired them.

U always make the statement like he found this kats in a alley and to my point coaches on that level move around from RELATIONSHIPS they have built and better opportunities regardless of the school. You make it sounds as if the coach has done something big or new

Offline InTheHunt

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2015, 12:51:12 PM »
InTheHunt,
Wrong again buddy. My wife's nephew is video coordinator and Moton gave him half of camp revenue himself. Stop with the Black on Black crime and misinformation will you?

The post above stated the assistants leave because they got stuff NCCU wasnt giving them... phone,  car,  camp money and the sort. I was asking you if that's correct :police:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News