Quantcast
Conservative Family Values...
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 12:13:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

+  Onnidan Fan Forum
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Discussion
| | |-+  Politics
| | | |-+  Conservative Family Values...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Conservative Family Values...  (Read 399 times)
soflorattler
Assistant GM

View Profile WWW
« on: February 09, 2014, 06:57:51 PM »

Roll Eyes

Rand Paul ABDUCTED Female Student While In College, Tried To Force Her To 'Take Bong Hits,' GQ Article Alleges

The strangest episode of Paul's time at Baylor occurred one afternoon in 1983 ... when he and a [brother in his liberal secret society] paid a visit to a female student who was one of Paul's teammates on the Baylor swim team. According to this woman, who requested anonymity because of her current job as a clinical psychologist, "He and Randy came to my house, they knocked on my door, and then they blindfolded me, tied me up, and put me in their car. They took me to their apartment and tried to force me to take bong hits. They'd been smoking pot." After the woman refused to smoke with them, Paul and his friend put her back in their car and drove to the countryside outside of Waco, where they stopped near a creek. "They told me their god was 'Aqua Buddha' and that I needed to bow down and worship him," the woman recalls. "They blindfolded me and made me bow down to 'Aqua Buddha' in the creek. I had to say, 'I worship you Aqua Buddha, I worship you.' At Baylor, there were people actively going around trying to save you and we had to go to chapel, so worshiping idols was a big no-no."
The story is almost too bizarre to digest in full -- from the blindfolded, pot-infused kidnapping to the weird worship of the Aqua Buddha deity. And, in that respect, it's important to note that it was delivered via anonymous attribution.

Paul's campaign has not yet responded to requests for comment, telling GQ merely that "During his time at Baylor, Dr. Paul competed on the swim team and was an active member of Young Conservatives of Texas."

But there is an important thread to be drawn between the candidate's Baylor years and his current run for office. Both then and now, Paul showed something akin to an abject disdain for the establishment. His involvement in a secretive society that was targeted by school authorities; his instigation of various pranks around campus (digging up a time capsule, for one) seem echoed -- to a certain extent -- in the anti-government libertarian philosophy that has defined his Senate campaign.

UPDATE: The Paul campaign responds with a statement from spokesman Jesse Benton that ignores post-John Edwards scandal media realities: "National Enquirer type stories about Dr. Paul's teenage years should be left to the tabloids where they belong."

UPDATE II: As Ben Smith notes, the Paul campaign still has yet to deny the charges, but is now threatening to sue. "We are investigating all our options - including Legal ones," Paul aide Jesse Benton emailed Smith. "We will not tolerate drive by Journalism by a writer with a leftist agenda."

“We’ve vetted, researched, and exhaustively fact-checked Jason Zengerle’s reporting on Rand Paul’s college days, we stand by the story, and we gave the Paul campaign every opportunity to refute it," GQ Editor-in-Chief Jim Nelson responded. "We notice that they have not, in fact, refuted it.

Strike79
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 07:52:01 PM »

no....................if the allegations in the GQ story are true, and apparently they are considering Paul's camp has yet to refute them, this goes waaaaay beyond bizarre.  Shocked

And what is so interesting is that Rand Paul has been REPEATEDLY mentioning the Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky scandal of late, presumably designed to "smear" Secretary Clinton in the runup to her expected 2016 presidential run.

There is an old maxim that says truth is stranger than fiction.  With respect to THIS story, that could NOT be more accurate.

Lord, have mercy.  Sad
Bison66
Assistant GM

Adinkra Symbol for "Unbreakable" "Resilient"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 07:57:44 PM »

Ooooops!

What is missing from this story is this from the original GQ 2010 story....

Nearly 30 years later, the woman is still trying to make sense of that afternoon. "They never hurt me, they never did anything wrong, but the whole thing was kind of sadistic. They were messing with my mind. It was some kind of joke." She hadn't actually realized that Paul wound up leaving Baylor early. "I just know I never saw Randy after that—for understandable reasons, I think."
http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-q/2010/08/gq-exclusive-rand-pauls-crazy-college-days-hint-theres-a-secret-society-involved.html

It would be one thing if it was all a joke IN THE MIND OF THE WOMAN.  However, that is clearly NOT the case - at least not as of 2010.

(Did she really think it would be hard to track down a former swim team member at Baylor who is now a clinical psychologist?)

Certainly, like Herman Cain, Rand P HAD TO KNOW this would come up.  His campaign's spongy response is quite telling.

Strange that when Rand P was talking to Howard University students about how Bush and Obama had broken the law by taking drugs, he did NOT include himself.

Hmmmmm....

Or,...did I miss it?

Afro

Brainwashed is:
Inability to offer rationale and explanations OR to engage in substantive discussion
Inability to offer counter arguments to points offered by those who disagree
Blind acceptance of others' assertions EVEN AFTER the underlying "facts" are refuted
Frequent Fallacious arguments
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

HBCUFanNation Store - Custom Sportswear, Merchandise & Apparel including T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Jerseys & more

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News