Quantcast
RAISING CHILDREN NOT WORK--ACCORDING TO THE FEDS
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 09:19:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

+  Onnidan Fan Forum
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Discussion
| | |-+  Politics
| | | |-+  RAISING CHILDREN NOT WORK--ACCORDING TO THE FEDS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Last Go Down Print
Author Topic: RAISING CHILDREN NOT WORK--ACCORDING TO THE FEDS  (Read 417 times)
Ken
Assistant GM

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2012, 06:28:32 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/12/ann-romney-hilary-rosen_n_1420976.html?ref=politics&ref=politics
81alphaeagle
Assistant GM

Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 08:53:35 PM »

I am going to disagree with some of you.  I think Ann R. services to her family was indeed work and that she receive an annual salary from Rom.  I also think, she should be charge with failure to pay income tax on those wages.   tiptoe
Bison66
Assistant GM

Adinkra Symbol for "Unbreakable" "Resilient"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 11:34:00 PM »

Ken,

THAT's a good article.

Now, correct me if I am wrong:  The description of what constitutes "work" was in place in 2006 and the President at that time was a Republican, right?

So, a woman who is poor and who tried to claim that raising her own children was 'work,' would not be given credit for that as work.  But the wife of a multi-millionaire - perhaps with domestic help (maid? cook? nanny? driver? gardener, for sure) - should be credited by the public as working?
Afro

Brainwashed is:
Inability to offer rationale and explanations OR to engage in substantive discussion
Inability to offer counter arguments to points offered by those who disagree
Blind acceptance of others' assertions EVEN AFTER the underlying "facts" are refuted
Frequent Fallacious arguments
iceman4221
Assistant GM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 08:39:03 AM »

Ken,

THAT's a good article.

Now, correct me if I am wrong:  The description of what constitutes "work" was in place in 2006 and the President at that time was a Republican, right?

So, a woman who is poor and who tried to claim that raising her own children was 'work,' would not be given credit for that as work.  But the wife of a multi-millionaire - perhaps with domestic help (maid? cook? nanny? driver? gardener, for sure) - should be credited by the public as working?
Afro

Bison66, you are "treading in deep waters my friend" - you know day yum well an unemployed, single mother that doesn't have a supporting husband/partner/baby's daddy is just labeled a POOR recipient of government assistance or welfare queen, so she could never claim that staying home and raising her child/children was/is WORK...     no no no

First, you have to be in the financial position that doesn't require you AS A MOTHER, to have to leave home once you have kids, in order for your "raising them" to be Considered WORK - BECAUSE your WEALTH should not require you to have to do anything with your kids - that stuff is for the nanny, cook, maid, gardener, tutor and other house servants...    nod nod nod

If you need, any financial assistance from anyone else (especially the government), your efforts are termed being lazy, trifling and a poor example of motherhood if you stay home and raise your offspring...    crazy crazy crazy

Please don't misinterpret what I am writing - I do not believe anyone should "willy nilly" have kids without the financial wherewithal to provide for them...  It's ironic that a WEALTHY Women staying home and raising her kids efforts will be labeled as WORK, while a Poor Women doing the same is called a Welfare Queen...   I'm just putting the truth out there!!!

For the record, I have been the single parent - although married at the time - as my son and I lived alone in Charlotte NC for about a year (110 miles away from my wife and girls).  We were in the middle of a commuter marriage because we needed to make ends and finding work locally in Columbia SC was tough at that time... 

That was the hardest working period of my life - women in general, do not get credit for the  work effort required to take care of the kids and their home...  I would rather work on a farm in the field all day than do what is required to manage a household with kids and a spouse coming home wanting food and intimacy all the time...  It's easier to just go to work - raising kids as a stay home parent is truly hard work.    Wink Wink Wink   

Things that make you go Hmmm....    tiptoe tiptoe tiptoe

Never deliberate, debate or argue about what is clearly wrong and/or unjust, and try to persuade yourself or others that its NOT
oldsport
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 08:56:38 AM »

THIS DOG WON'T HUNT......BARRY'S CREW ALREADY SHOT THE SKUNK THAT RAISED THE ISSUE AND KICK THEIR STINKY a-- CARCASS UNDER THE BUS....

BARRY KNOWS THIS ISSUE IS A LOSER....IT ONLY WINS THE SUPPORT OF LESBO's....AND SO-CALLED BUTCH WOMEN LIB....TYPES....

uchighlander
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 09:18:21 AM »

I think the word "work" here is missused.....it should be employed. I was one of the fortunate few nowdays where my wife could stay home and raise my three sons. Was she employed? No. Did she work? Hell yes. She tutored in my boys classes. She was on the PTA board. She did the cub scout stint. She was footbal team mom for 7 out of the 9 years my sons played football. Try arranging training camp meals for 85 kids and pre-game meals for that same number of kids. Just tell me that isn't work.She arranged for Thanksgiving and Christmas baskets for the needy ( she still does that ) She did all that and raised 3 fine boys who are very productive members of society.....that is the bottom line.

What Obama needs to do is stand up and show somw CHARACTER by denouncing these critics. As you will recall....he was the first to stand up and defend his wife when someone was critical of her saying his family was "off limits ". The same should go for ALL candidates families but so far Obama has shown he doesn't practice what he preaches. GO VIKINGS!!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:20:50 AM by uchighlander » Logged
oldsport
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »

I think the word "work" here is missused.....it should be employed. I was one of the fortunate few nowdays where my wife could stay home and raise my three sons. Was she employed? No. Did she work? Hell yes. She tutored in my boys classes. She was on the PTA board. She did the cub scout stint. She was footbal team mom for 7 out of the 9 years my sons played football. Try arranging training camp meals for 85 kids and pre-game meals for that same number of kids. Just tell me that isn't work.She arranged for Thanksgiving and Christmas baskets for the needy ( she still does that ) She did all that and raised 3 fine boys who are very productive members of society.....that is the bottom line.

What Obama needs to do is stand up and show somw CHARACTER by denouncing these critics. As you will recall....he was the first to stand up and defend his wife when someone was critical of her saying his family was "off limits ". The same should go for ALL candidates families but so far Obama has shown he doesn't practice what he preaches. GO VIKINGS!!!

u, here's the hypocracy of Barry....

Speaking Friday at what the administration called “The White House Forum on Women and the Economy,” President Barack Obama said that after his two daughters were born, he and his wife—both Harvard Law School graduates—could not afford the “luxury” of having her stay home with the children.

In 2005, when Obama began serving in the U.S. Senate (and his daughters turned 4 and 7), he and his wife were earning a combined annual income of $479,062. Barack Obama was paid a salary of $162,100 by the U.S. taxpayers, and Michelle Obama was paid $316,962 to handle community affairs for the University of Chicago Medical Center.

Snicker Snicker Snicker
Bison66
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 09:51:00 AM »

Your point is why I say that this is a manufactured controversy.
I, too, was fortunate that my wife stayed home with our 3 kids and was the principal care giver until our youngest was old enough to go to school.  Then she went into a computer programming course and went on to become an executive in information systems.  She worked in both realms.

Perhaps you are aware of more than one critic, but Obama has ALREADY shown the "CHARACTER" that you mentioned by immediately saying that he disagreed strongly with Rosen.

Also, are you sure he was talking about his wife being off limits, or was it the girls?   I recall specifically the kids, but not sure about his wife.
Afro

Brainwashed is:
Inability to offer rationale and explanations OR to engage in substantive discussion
Blind acceptance of others' assertions EVEN AFTER the underlying "facts" are refuted
Bison66
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 09:54:36 AM »

Bison66, you are "treading in deep waters my friend"

Ice,
Thanks for looking out for me.
I already had my life jacket on, but I went back and got my spear gun, too!
Afro

Brainwashed is:
uchighlander
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 10:33:48 AM »

Speaking Friday at what the administration called “The White House Forum on Women and the Economy,” President Barack Obama said that after his two daughters were born, he and his wife—both Harvard Law School graduates—could not afford the “luxury” of having her stay home with the children.

In 2005, when Obama began serving in the U.S. Senate (and his daughters turned 4 and 7), he and his wife were earning a combined annual income of $479,062. Barack Obama was paid a salary of $162,100 by the U.S. taxpayers, and Michelle Obama was paid $316,962 to handle community affairs for the University of Chicago Medical Center.

Snicker Snicker Snicker
I think for once he may be telling the truth. Who could "afford" to pass up that kind of money? GO VIKINGS!!!
oldsport
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 10:36:23 AM »

Snicker Snicker Snicker
I think for once he may be telling the truth. Who could "afford" to pass up that kind of money? GO VIKINGS!!!

They could afford the luxury.....GET REAL.......AIN'T THAT BEYITCH.....
uchighlander
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 10:40:03 AM »

Your point is why I say that this is a manufactured controversy.
I, too, was fortunate that my wife stayed home with our 3 kids and was the principal care giver until our youngest was old enough to go to school.  Then she went into a computer programming course and went on to become an executive in information systems.  She worked in both realms.

Perhaps you are aware of more than one critic, but Obama has ALREADY shown the "CHARACTER" that you mentioned by immediately saying that he disagreed strongly with Rosen.

Also, are you sure he was talking about his wife being off limits, or was it the girls?   I recall specifically the kids, but not sure about his wife.
Afro
Strongly disagree? C'mon Bison.....he can do better than that.....he could tell them to STFU....so to speak. Yes....originally there was one critic.....however when the liberal media pundits started agreeing.....then it become "critics". It was his wife and family. GO VIKINGS!!!
Bison66
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 11:22:50 AM »

highlander,

First of all, as I have said, this is MANUFACTURED nonsense.

Obama said what needed to be said from a political point of view.

I dare YOU to show where a mainstream pundit has said anything aside from the reality that Ann Romney had the luxury of being the wife of a multi-millionaire and that her experience as a stay at home Mom is not comparable to that of most women or even stay at home moms.

Incidentally, do you disagree that that was the import of Rosen's statement?

Also, given your record of inaccuracy, you'll pardon me for not accepting your recollection that Obama was speaking about kids AND wife.  Could be, but I'll need a reference because I only remember his comment about the kids.  Perhaps the cut and paste guy can provide it - if it exists.

However, EVEN IF THAT IS THE CASE, it is Romney, in his desperation to get women to like him, who brought Ann R into the campaign.  Given that, is she somehow supposed to be immune from comment?
Afro

Brainwashed is:
uchighlander
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 12:21:44 PM »

highlander,

First of all, as I have said, this is MANUFACTURED nonsense.

Obama said what needed to be said from a political point of view.

I dare YOU to show where a mainstream pundit has said anything aside from the reality that Ann Romney had the luxury of being the wife of a multi-millionaire and that her experience as a stay at home Mom is not comparable to that of most women or even stay at home moms.

Incidentally, do you disagree that that was the import of Rosen's statement?

Also, given your record of inaccuracy, you'll pardon me for not accepting your recollection that Obama was speaking about kids AND wife.  Could be, but I'll need a reference because I only remember his comment about the kids.  Perhaps the cut and paste guy can provide it - if it exists.

However, EVEN IF THAT IS THE CASE, it is Romney, in his desperation to get women to like him, who brought Ann R into the campaign.  Given that, is she somehow supposed to be immune from comment?
Afro
I refer to an interview in which Obama and his wife participated. I don't remember who it was with.He said what what I quoted. As far as the import of Rosen's statement....I disagree. Basically she is saying that stay at home moms don't have a clue what women are concerned about. The only way to know is to be out in the working world which is complete BS.

I guess you don't consider BSNBC mainstream......they sure do.  lmao lmao lmao GO VIKINGS!!!
Ken
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 01:01:29 PM »

Obama said that he felt in a political campaign families are off limits.  ms obama said that stay at home moms work very hard--you guys are bitching for nothing.  Go change your DEPENDS.
Pages: [1] 2 Last Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

HBCUFanNation Store - Custom Sportswear, Merchandise & Apparel including T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Jerseys & more

News