Quantcast
AAMU and Skegee meet up again in Mobile, Ala. and at Auburn U
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 06:37:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

+  Onnidan Fan Forum
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Discussion
| | |-+  Sports Forum
| | | |-+  AAMU and Skegee meet up again in Mobile, Ala. and at Auburn U
« previous next »
Pages: 1st « 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AAMU and Skegee meet up again in Mobile, Ala. and at Auburn U  (Read 1211 times)
ASUHORNETS
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2012, 01:25:47 PM »

Bham will be like another home game for AAMU..... Tuskegee should have tried to move the game to Montgomery.

That's a win win for for TU, the way the contract is set up, don't they get all the money?....
t

Yeah, that's my understanding. Does anyone know if Skegee has brokered a deal with B'ham to keep from incurring huge overhead?  In any case they will probably get a good pay day and I'm not mad at them.
o

Birmingham is a game changer, even if TU gives up parking and consessions in lieu of rent and security, if a min. 30k shows up they make 600k @ 20.00 a ticket, thats double what yall made last year, and you will have at least half the crowd there, I'd take a look at that contract if the game is moved to Bham....but let me hush....lol.....

Huh??

So what its their game.  You seem to be implying a bad move on our part but its really not as bad as the revenue lost by combining homecoming and TDC, plus we didn't have a payout to our opponent  Unlike the dirt daubers we don't need to begrudge or ripoff Skegee to support our sports program.  tiptoe

Now back on point. You spoke of parking and concessions.  Who pays for Legion Field, Police, etc...? Skegee or B'ham? It may be difficult at this point to get big time sponsorship.

Dude, TU coming into your back yard and setting up shop and your bringing the merchandise and getting nothing in return, I'm sure that contract was written with TU's game being in Mobile, if it wasn't kudos to TU's AD, you ain't got to get all salty.....lol.....And how are we ripping off TU?....

The Hornets Nest!
ASUHORNETS
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2012, 01:30:36 PM »

...... It may be difficult at this point to get big time sponsorship.

There probably is sponsorship already in place. It would seem that playing the game in B'ham did not just come up in the last few weeks.  This has been in the works for several months.

A&M press release from the other day had the game in Mobile, so maybe it did just come up....

The Hornets Nest!
Que82
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »

Bham will be like another home game for AAMU..... Tuskegee should have tried to move the game to Montgomery.

That's a win win for for TU, the way the contract is set up, don't they get all the money?....
t

Yeah, that's my understanding. Does anyone know if Skegee has brokered a deal with B'ham to keep from incurring huge overhead?  In any case they will probably get a good pay day and I'm not mad at them.
o

Birmingham is a game changer, even if TU gives up parking and consessions in lieu of rent and security, if a min. 30k shows up they make 600k @ 20.00 a ticket, thats double what yall made last year, and you will have at least half the crowd there, I'd take a look at that contract if the game is moved to Bham....but let me hush....lol.....

Huh??

So what its their game.  You seem to be implying a bad move on our part but its really not as bad as the revenue lost by combining homecoming and TDC, plus we didn't have a payout to our opponent  Unlike the dirt daubers we don't need to begrudge or ripoff Skegee to support our sports program.  tiptoe

Now back on point. You spoke of parking and concessions.  Who pays for Legion Field, Police, etc...? Skegee or B'ham? It may be difficult at this point to get big time sponsorship.

Dude, TU coming into your back yard and setting up shop and your bringing the merchandise and getting nothing in return, I'm sure that contract was written with TU's game being in Mobile, if it wasn't kudos to TU's AD, you ain't got to get all salty.....lol.....And how are we ripping off TU?....

Roll Eyes

We had our game in Huntsville and got the gate.  It's their time now so why should we worry about their gate.  I ain't salty about nothing. Your arse is trying to make something where there isn't anything.  Typical dirt dauber mentality.  Snicker  Ya'll been paying Skegee on the short end of the stick for years for the TDC classic.  I'm just suprised they put up with that chit so long.  I may be wrong but I seem to remember reading a thread in November where ya'll had not given Skegee their TDC check from 2010 shrug.  Ya'll could always play Concordia and you may even beat them on a regular basis.  lol

ASUHORNETS
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2012, 03:02:16 PM »

t

o

Huh??

So what its their game.  You seem to be implying a bad move on our part but its really not as bad as the revenue lost by combining homecoming and TDC, plus we didn't have a payout to our opponent  Unlike the dirt daubers we don't need to begrudge or ripoff Skegee to support our sports program.  tiptoe

Roll Eyes

We had our game in Huntsville and got the gate.  It's their time now so why should we worry about their gate.  I ain't salty about nothing. Your arse is trying to make something where there isn't anything.  Typical dirt dauber mentality.  Snicker  Ya'll been paying Skegee on the short end of the stick for years for the TDC classic.  I'm just suprised they put up with that chit so long.  I may be wrong but I seem to remember reading a thread in November where ya'll had not given Skegee their TDC check from 2010 shrug.  Ya'll could always play Concordia and you may even beat them on a regular basis.  lol

Uhh don't believe everything you read on a "message board", and you missed my point.....but anyways if this game goes to Birmingham and the contract stays the same, again props to TU's AD cause he's a pimp...... lol....I'm out....
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:52:06 PM by ASUHORNETS » Logged

The Hornets Nest!
lew9ball
Assistant GM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2012, 05:50:26 PM »

......More!, More!, More..... .

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else"
                       Booker T. Washington
TUTiger
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2012, 05:52:08 PM »

ASUHORNETS...

Don't worry about Skegee's business! Wink
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 05:53:51 PM by TUTiger » Logged

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else."   Booker T. Washington
2014 Men SIAC & South Regional Basketball Div.II Champions
Que82
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2012, 07:45:57 PM »

ASUHORNETS...

Don't worry about Skegee's business! Wink

I know that's right.  They couldn't pay ya'll cause they were trying to feed these.  lol
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:53:31 PM by Que82 » Logged

jhdjr316
Neophyte

The Deuce

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2012, 10:17:05 AM »

Look at this article from the Birmingham News:

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/03/birmingham_planning_3_football.html

It looks like 'Skegee' is trying to expand its profile and opportunities.
Que82
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2012, 10:30:07 AM »

^^^^^^
Welcome to the board, though it seems you are a little late to this party.

jhdjr316
Neophyte

The Deuce

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2012, 10:33:05 AM »

The location for the Tuskegee-AAMU game is premature.  It is Tuskegee's home game and the location will be announced upon the release of the Golden Tigers' schedule.

jhdjr316
Neophyte

The Deuce

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2012, 01:43:04 PM »

^^^^^^
Welcome to the board, though it seems you are a little late to this party.

I feel ya!
But as long as the music is bumpin', and the house is jumpin', there ain't no such thing as getting to the party too late! lol!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 06:20:51 PM by jhdjr316 » Logged
Pages: 1st « 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

HBCUFanNation Store - Custom Sportswear, Merchandise & Apparel including T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Jerseys & more

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News