Quantcast
ECSU PLAYOFF CONFUSION
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 12:42:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

+  Onnidan Fan Forum
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Discussion
| | |-+  Sports Forum
| | | |-+  ECSU PLAYOFF CONFUSION
« previous next »
Pages: 1st « 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Last Go Down Print
Author Topic: ECSU PLAYOFF CONFUSION  (Read 3417 times)
WileECoyote06
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2011, 05:56:44 PM »

From having visited California PA for a playoff game in 2007, their fans are brutal and they will say (ahem YELL AND SCREAM) anything and everything. It would have been much nicer if you guys had this game at home.

I remember watching that game.  That was as hostile a crowd I've seen at the Division II level.   nod no

Ramshouse
Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2011, 05:40:37 PM »

ESCU folks I am not sure what the problem is but I would call this a slap in the face.  I am obviously a WSSU Ram first and foremost.  But then I am for the HBCU's and its' students.  I was at both Elizabeth City games and believe that you folks have a good team.  You only lost to us and Delta State.  You should have gotten a home game and a chance to advance to further rounds.
I do not know where the blame should be placed.  But when you folks find out let us know so that we can put them on "Front Street"
LULions
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2011, 03:50:29 PM »

Perhaps the reason the Vikings didn't bid for the game was due to Roebuck Stadium being scheduled for another event.

http://www.dailyadvance.com/sports/ayfl-super-bowls-set-elizabeth-city-state-saturday-770539

Melvin B. Tolson - '24
Langston Hughes - '29
President Nnamdi Azikiwe - '30
Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall - '30
President Kwame Nkrumah - '39

Advancing the Legacy of America‘s First Degree Granting HBCU: 1854
Snapper
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2011, 05:03:17 PM »

I was just about to post the same thing.

I saw it in the paper online

If that is the reason. I cannot fault them bc I won't kick the children out of the stadium. It's an ALL DAY EVENT FOR THEM...

BLUE & WHITE TIL I DIE
PHI BETA SIGMA 4 LIFE
ECSU VIKING 4 LIFE
ECSU "SOC" MARCHING VIKING 4 LIFE
81alphaeagle
Assistant GM

Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2011, 05:09:39 PM »

I was just about to post the same thing.

I saw it in the paper online

If that is the reason. I cannot fault them bc I won't kick the children out of the stadium. It's an ALL DAY EVENT FOR THEM...
Dont fall for it.  If that was the case the AD would have said so.  Plus facilities on campus are loaned with a stipulation that we may need the facility.
NEIGHBORHOODSUPERSTAR
Assistant GM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2011, 05:11:45 PM »

lmao

I cannot believe you all are buying that as the reason ECSU is travelling to Pennsylvania.   This ain't the NFL Super Bowl - it's the Albermarle Youth Super Bowl  lol

You really believe your A.D. said "Damn, I'd love to have the game here, but I just realized the Albermarle Super Bowl is being held here.  I guess our football team (((for whom the stadium was built))) has to travel 10 hours to Pennsylvania. "  

lmao

Any high school in the Northeast region of the state could host that stuff.   High schools play football on FRIDAY - these games are on SATURDAY

The Pee Wee Super Bowl knocking the Mighty Vikes out of their own stadium - I've heard it all now
 lmao
Vegas Viking
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2011, 06:03:46 PM »

It still looks bad. no no

Vikings unable to host playoff game
http://www.dailyadvance.com/node/771129

By Will Harris
The Daily Advance

Some around Elizabeth City State were a little confused when the Vikings got a No. 4 seed in the NCAA Division II football playoffs, yet were sent on the road to face No. 5 California University of Pennsylvania.

ECSU coach Waverly Tillar, who sits on the NCAA playoff selection committee, said that is not unprecedented for a lower seeded team to have to travel or change the location of their game when the playoffs arrive.

“There are certain NCAA criteria you have to meet to host a playoff football game,” he said. “Some of the infrastructure here as you see it now just wasn’t up to speed for us to host.”

Tillar pointed to the press box at Roebuck Stadium as the main problem the NCAA had with ECSU hosting.

“You have to have space for your coaches, radio and television,” Tillar said. “The press box is primary for ‘Can you facilitate an NCAA playoff?’ That’s the No. 1 question right there.”

If there is anything good to come out of this, Tillar thinks it could begin some discussion about the Vikings’ home field.

“The result of this could only come out positive,” he said. “When you get a good football team, you have to be up to speed on things that may happen at the end. If infrastructure is going to be something that is a main criteria, then we need to look at what’s going on over here and build or get innovative on how we at least facilitate those things to be able to host a playoff game here.”

81alphaeagle
Assistant GM

Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2011, 06:20:41 PM »

Cal PA

ECSU

Golden Kitten
Assistant GM

Student Advokitty/Fashion Police

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2011, 06:25:24 PM »

Why are y'all still  dedhorse? Isn't the game tomorrow? How do you know that the youth football game had not been scheduled sometime during the summer?

Damn, some of y'all are SICKENING! If you aren't a Viking, either wish ECSU well or leave it alone... Roll Eyes

Teeny-Honor Roll & Writer of Week-Paul Robeson-Malcolm X Aca
Meciber 202
Assistant GM

We're Baaacck! MEAC Baby! 2010

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2011, 10:12:25 PM »

... and on top of that, ECSU could have helped the conference by forcing them muggs to make two long roadtrips from PA to NC ... the winner gets WSSU next week. So I'm sure the rams would have liked that advantage ... every little bit helps  ....  tiptoe

2006 HBCU National Champions - NC Central University

Don't forget secret GOP strategy meetings sponsored by Koch bros: attendees included Congressmen, Governors, CEOs, National Chamber of Congress, and two Supreme Court Judges; all united to put GOP back in power. Could SC Judges be bought? smh
81alphaeagle
Assistant GM

Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2011, 10:17:34 PM »

... and on top of that, ECSU could have helped the conference by forcing them muggs to make two long roadtrips from PA to NC ... the winner gets WSSU next week. So I'm sure the rams would have liked that advantage ... every little bit helps  ....  tiptoe

True. 
Vegas Viking
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2011, 02:07:39 PM »

Let me put it simple...there is a big a*s hole in the top of the press box where the coaches have to coach from. They put boards over it to cover it up for the CIAA teams...which was ok...but that won't work for a NCAA game...the school made the right call...a 4 vs. 5 match up is a wash...if we were talking of a 6 vs 3 then maybe you would have a point...they have the money to fix it...(state school, not private) just not the time to get it done before the game...

So are they too embarrassed to say 'Our press box doesn't meet the standard required for an NCAA playoff game'?  They have to use words like equity?  Why was it okay for the CIAA teams?  You all weren't worried about other CIAA coaches falling through the floor? 

Good luck Viking players.  If the Vulcans beat you all 44-21 then I hope all of the football players protest the athletic director. 

If they lose by that margin, then location is not an issue IMHO.  shrug

No wiser words have been spoken.
81alphaeagle
Assistant GM

Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2011, 02:25:24 PM »

Let me put it simple...there is a big a*s hole in the top of the press box where the coaches have to coach from. They put boards over it to cover it up for the CIAA teams...which was ok...but that won't work for a NCAA game...the school made the right call...a 4 vs. 5 match up is a wash...if we were talking of a 6 vs 3 then maybe you would have a point...they have the money to fix it...(state school, not private) just not the time to get it done before the game...

So are they too embarrassed to say 'Our press box doesn't meet the standard required for an NCAA playoff game'?  They have to use words like equity?  Why was it okay for the CIAA teams?  You all weren't worried about other CIAA coaches falling through the floor? 

Good luck Viking players.  If the Vulcans beat you all 44-21 then I hope all of the football players protest the athletic director. 

If they lose by that margin, then location is not an issue IMHO.  shrug

No wiser words have been spoken.
Bull Chit.
Vegas Viking
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2011, 03:05:23 PM »

Don't misunderstand me, as I'm certainly not attempting to justify the mess of a situation that occurred with home field advantage.  There was no excuse for it period.

Where I agree with Que82  is that the score today shows our problems extend far beyond playing home or away.  If this game were played in EC, would we have scored a TD or two?  Maybe.  Would home field have made up a 44-point deficit?  No.
81alphaeagle
Assistant GM

Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2011, 03:53:11 PM »

Don't misunderstand me, as I'm certainly not attempting to justify the mess of a situation that occurred with home field advantage.  There was no excuse for it period.

Where I agree with Que82  is that the score today shows our problems extend far beyond playing home or away.  If this game were played in EC, would we have scored a TD or two?  Maybe.  Would home field have made up a 44-point deficit?  No.

Those guys were put on buses for a 10 hour bus trip, one less day to travel, hostile oppoing crowd.  Guys were not put in a position to take advantage of earning a higher seed.
Pages: 1st « 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Last Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

HBCUFanNation Store - Custom Sportswear, Merchandise & Apparel including T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Jerseys & more

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News