Quantcast
ECSU PLAYOFF CONFUSION
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 02:57:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

+  Onnidan Fan Forum
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Discussion
| | |-+  Sports Forum
| | | |-+  ECSU PLAYOFF CONFUSION
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 » Last Go Down Print
Author Topic: ECSU PLAYOFF CONFUSION  (Read 3394 times)
NEIGHBORHOODSUPERSTAR
Assistant GM

View Profile WWW
« on: November 14, 2011, 12:11:12 PM »

ECSU is a 4 seed; California, Pa is a 5 seed.  Yet ECSU is travelling?  I'm confused.  Is this the first time ever where a better-seeded team in the DII playoffs goes on the road?  Somebody's gotta explain this one to me  shrug tiptoe
Vegas Viking
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 12:18:50 PM »

Don't get me started.  According to this we didn't even bid:  brickwall
http://www.psacsports.org/news/2011/11/13/FOOT_1113110741.aspx

I hope we're not the first.  It's a distinction I'd prefer to relinquish.
NEIGHBORHOODSUPERSTAR
Assistant GM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 12:35:08 PM »

So if you don't bid for a playoff game, how serious are you about truly winning a playoff game, let alone a DII title.....

How can any official for ECSU say "WE WANT TO WIN IT ALL" ----- yet won't bid for a playoff game and have its team travel for 10+ hours to Western Pennsylvania  shrug

This comes off  crazy to me.....
Vegas Viking
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 12:44:02 PM »

Let me just put it out there that this is downright embarrassing on so many levels. I don't know the exact costs but I can't imagine it was THAT much cheaper to travel to PA than to host the game.
Snapper
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 12:48:07 PM »

I'd rather host and have that HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE with MY CROWD IN THE STANDS!!!

BLUE & WHITE TIL I DIE
PHI BETA SIGMA 4 LIFE
ECSU VIKING 4 LIFE
ECSU "SOC" MARCHING VIKING 4 LIFE
Que82
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 12:59:33 PM »

I don't know what you guys financial situation is so I will not judge but this gives the appearance of your school being  .

shrug

NEIGHBORHOODSUPERSTAR
Assistant GM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 01:02:09 PM »

NOTE TO ALL HBCU'S: DO NOT SAY YOU WANT TO WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS AND NOT PUT A BID IN FOR A PLAYOFF GAME

ECSU's A.D. should have called the DII selection committee 2-3 weeks ago and told them to either:
1)  Make them a lower seed
2) NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE PLAYOFFS

Bloomsburg finished 9-2 and actually beat Cal-Pa.  Do you think they'd turn down a chance to play at home?   crazy
Slippery Rock finished 9-2 and beat Cal-Pa.  Do you think they'd turn down a chance to get a home game?  crazy
I look at teams like WV Weslyan, S. Connecticut, Shepherd.....these are programs that are trying to win through November.  Do you think any of these schools would have turned down the chance to bid for a home game, in order to improve their chances of winning a playoff game or 2?

ECSU's A.D. comes off looking like a clown on this one..... tiptoe
Vegas Viking
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 01:04:08 PM »

I don't know what you guys financial situation is so I will not judge but this gives the appearance of your school being  .

shrug

Que82, I couldn't agree with you more.  If we're that broke we need to either drop to D3 or drop sports altogether.  There are intangible consequences here that reflect bad on the university.
Vegas Viking
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 01:05:16 PM »

NOTE TO ALL HBCU'S: DO NOT SAY YOU WANT TO WIN IN THE PLAYOFFS AND NOT PUT A BID IN FOR A PLAYOFF GAME

ECSU's A.D. should have called the DII selection committee 2-3 weeks ago and told them to either:

Bloomsburg finished 9-2 and actually beat Cal-Pa.  Do you think they'd turn down a chance to play at home?   crazy
Slippery Rock finished 9-2 and beat Cal-Pa.  Do you think they'd turn down a chance to get a home game?  crazy
I look at teams like WV Weslyan, S. Connecticut, Shepherd.....these are programs that are trying to win through November.  Do you think any of these schools would have turned down the chance to bid for a home game, in order to improve their chances of winning a playoff game or 2?

Man they are having a field day with this one over on d2football.com.
WileECoyote06
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 01:08:31 PM »

We went through this with the NSU AD a few weeks ago man.   All you can do at this point is laugh at the incompetence.

NEIGHBORHOODSUPERSTAR
Assistant GM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 01:10:59 PM »

Who is ECSU's A.D.?  He should be flooded with calls from current students, alumni, and local fans about how much of an idiot he is.   Again - the only thing he had to do was decline a playoff invite weeks ago to avoid this colored mess.  Yeah I said it....

Hey ECSU, just stick to intramural football.  Your A.D. ain't serious about your football program.  Such a move speaks volumes.  

A better seeded team travelling for a playoff game.....AIN'T DAT A B-T-H  thefan
Vegas Viking
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 01:20:19 PM »

A few days after losing to WSSU, the team has to hop a long bus ride to play in front of a hostile crowd, all the while knowing you're the higher seed.

Talk about demoralizing.
Decks
Assistant GM

Aggie Pride!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 01:21:59 PM »

Let me just put it out there that this is downright embarrassing on so many levels. I don't know the exact costs but I can't imagine it was THAT much cheaper to travel to PA than to host the game.

Doesn't the NCAA cover the cost of travel to PA?

Aggie Football 2013
It's time to put your big boy pants on!
Que82
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 01:25:27 PM »

Up to a point

Vegas Viking
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 01:26:11 PM »

Not sure Decks.  If they do I gladly stand corrected.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 » Last Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

HBCUFanNation Store - Custom Sportswear, Merchandise & Apparel including T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Jerseys & more

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News