Quantcast
TU Nation, have you had enough of coach Slater embarrassment yet??
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 06:18:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

+  Onnidan Fan Forum
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Discussion
| | |-+  Sports Forum
| | | |-+  TU Nation, have you had enough of coach Slater embarrassment yet??
« previous next »
Pages: 1st 1 [2] 3 4 5 » Last Go Down Print
Author Topic: TU Nation, have you had enough of coach Slater embarrassment yet??  (Read 2948 times)
TIGER JOHN
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 10:24:42 AM »

I could see if it happened two or three seasons in a row...but wow..you're not even giving the man a chance to have ONE losing season. How would the next Coach feel knowing that he is gone if he had one losing season? How would the next Coach feel if he knew he would have one distraught fan that would sling his name in the mud 24-7 if he lost two games in a row?........ shrug

All you have said makes no sense to me at all. Comegy lost games I never said a word about him. it is how you lose. we are looking worse than I ever seen a TU team look across the board in my life time 57 years. If you check my threads and post I said three yeas ago this man was an average coach that got a team that was loaded with football player everywhere with great talent and after waching him I said to some friends of mine(and don't let these clowns that bash me on here and try to make it look like I don't have any friends but I have a boat load of them and most of them are TU grads and ex-players that agree with me 100%, so don't kid your self, they just don't post on this board) that this man has not done any good recriting in the two years he has been the coach at TU because all of our big time play makers are from the Comegy eria, and some of them said that you are right TJ and some said give him time this is his third year here.  I also told them that when all those player leave we gonna be in trouble, and now you see, we are just pathetic. Our whole football team look like they are in a delusional Funk when you see them play, they have no rhythm on offense at all, no team swagger, no blocking fundaentals at all. TU has never had a running back under Slater to rush for 600 or more yards in a year, and this is his sixth year at TU  shrug and the way this team is playing on offense is a total embarrassment to it's former players, Alumni, and fans and the University. we have no talent at all. when JW is healthy he is below an aveage QB. I know this, he is the worse QB starter I'd ever saw play at TU. When ever coach Slater leaves(and I hope it's soon) the next coach will have to do a Major Major!! rebuilding job to get Tuskegee back to respectabality again, Slater has sit on his @zz and just ruin a geat great!!!!!! storied black football power and turn them into Chumps! what a dayum shame..  Sad Sad Sad Sad Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:31:43 AM by TIGER JOHN » Logged
TIGER JOHN
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 10:41:12 AM »

I hate to see a tradition-rich, proud program like TU go through times like this...ESPECIALLY if it is preventable.

It was very preventable, all they had to do was get off their @zz and do what Comegy was known for(other than winning) beat the bushes and bang on doors for football players, coach Slater is just an awful recruiter and a fair coach and that won't cut it.
Jaimac
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 10:48:00 AM »

Ditto what TUT, tumse, and others have said...

It's clear that SOME of us have convenient memory. Let me just mention the names Jim Martin and Haney Catchings... tiptoe tiptoe

What were the team records during the tenure of these coaches?   shrug

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.~
TIGER JOHN
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 11:02:17 AM »

It's clear that SOME of us have convenient memory. Let me just mention the names Jim Martin and Haney Catchings... tiptoe tiptoe

And both of them were Fired!! and TU were not giveing full scolarships when they were coach. TU give 36 full scolas, and none of those coaches were handed a team that was comeing off a 11-1 season and had big time talent either. Hey GK just ask one of our all time greats that live in Tuskegee now and see what he say about the talent on the team and what he think about Slater's coaching, you know him very well, I'll just say this, I will look you up HC and he will be with me and just listen to what he has to say and their are a whole lot of them feel like him, don't you know who  duce 9 is,,,,,I am sure you do, just talk to him. But you know you are my good friend I just disagree with you on this issue...................................... hugs
TIGER JOHN
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 11:11:39 AM »

What were the team records during the tenure of these coaches?   shrug

James Martin was 44-42-2.........Haney Catchings were 11-22-0 and Comegy was 90-26-0 in 10 seasons....and all of their offenses played better than TU is playing right now.
RamMan4Life
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 11:26:53 AM »

TJ, I hear you and acknowledge your pain. I really do. But my question to you is this. What type of coach and staff are you going to get if you fire Coach Slater after one lackluster season? Every team cannot win them all every year. Their record has not been the record that diehard fans expect, but then again, who has a record like that? I would submit that parity to some extent has reached the SIAC. Kentucky State is getting better each year, as are the other teams that were once also-rans. Your frustrations are vocal and extreme, as they should be. Alumni and fans have the right to express displeasure. However, at the end of the day, think about these small things. Have any of his student-athletes been arrested? Has he had a serious scandal with recruitment violations? Do his players graduate? Does the program exemplify what the institution strives for from its students? In the grand scheme, he has done well. He may not have excelled, but he has done well. A lot of schools may licking their chops in public, but behind closed doors, they really don't want to play Tuskegee this year or any other. These are just my views on the matter.....now relax and enjoy homecoming man! Have a dinner from the Coop and smile !

A past to cherish....a future to fulfill.

Class of '92

Home of the1960 Albany State College Rams, who finished the season UNDEFEATED and a DEFENSE UNSCORED UPON!!

KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY,INC.
 "Detrimental" Delta Xi Chapter
Golden Kitten
Assistant GM

Student Advokitty/Fashion Police

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 11:45:11 AM »

Uh TJ - you seem to have forgotten about the year Coach C was 5-6 (2003) - don't you remember specifically how HORRID the offense was that year? Don't you remember taking 25K folks to Cleveland and getting our heads bashed in by Hampton? Don't you remember us getting beatdown by Miles (for God's sake) and the Bees, losing to Albany, FV and Morehouse, barely beating Lane and KSU? What is the matter with you? I remember it very well because I went to EVERY game that year - home and away... nod

These things go in cycles so I can't and won't get wound up about it this year - particularly with the number of freshmen on the team. If the same is true next year, then I'll get concerned. You and I both know that 3 fumbles on 3 consecutive possessions means you lose the game. You and I both know that this team is young, compared to the team I mentioned above, that was packed with jrs and srs. You and I both know why that '03 team was as bad as they were too don't we? So, I moreso willing to suffer along with freshmen than to humor upperclassmen. By the time they are juniors, they should know how/what to do. The same can't be said for freshmen... no

Teeny-Honor Roll & Writer of Week-Paul Robeson-Malcolm X Aca
SkegeeFAMU
Assistant GM

Trustee Chairman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 11:47:43 AM »

TJ, I hear you and acknowledge your pain. I really do. But my question to you is this. What type of coach and staff are you going to get if you fire Coach Slater after one lackluster season? Every team cannot win them all every year. Their record has not been the record that diehard fans expect, but then again, who has a record like that? I would submit that parity to some extent has reached the SIAC. Kentucky State is getting better each year, as are the other teams that were once also-rans. Your frustrations are vocal and extreme, as they should be. Alumni and fans have the right to express displeasure. However, at the end of the day, think about these small things. Have any of his student-athletes been arrested? Has he had a serious scandal with recruitment violations? Do his players graduate? Does the program exemplify what the institution strives for from its students? In the grand scheme, he has done well. He may not have excelled, but he has done well. A lot of schools may licking their chops in public, but behind closed doors, they really don't want to play Tuskegee this year or any other. These are just my views on the matter.....now relax and enjoy homecoming man! Have a dinner from the Coop and smile !

Unfortunately in coaching, the only two things that really matters is recruiting, and on the field performance.  These are the two areas where the alumni ultimately judge you, and based on performance, or lack thereof, the areas that can or will deep-six a coach.  Tuskegee is a place where expectations are very high, and the fans expect (and deserve) excellence, or at least a bold attempt at excellence.  

Tuskegee University- Continuing the Relentless Pursuit of Excellence!!
Jaimac
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 12:10:48 PM »

Unfortunately in coaching, the only two things that really matters is recruiting, and on the field performance.  These are the two areas where the alumni ultimately judge you, and based on performance, or lack thereof, the areas that can or will deep-six a coach.  Tuskegee is a place where expectations are very high, and the fans expect (and deserve) excellence, or at least a bold attempt at excellence.  

Huh?

Well......This sentiment is held by those who are alums/ fans of other institutions too.

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.~
SkegeeFAMU
Assistant GM

Trustee Chairman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 12:26:30 PM »

Huh?

Well......This sentiment is held by those who are alums/ fans of other institutions too.

True, but unlike other institutions that aren't funding a full complement of schollys, etc.., or, unlike in the Jim Martin / Haney Catchings days when the program wasn't being funded properly, there aren't any excuses for failure at TU.

Tuskegee University- Continuing the Relentless Pursuit of Excellence!!
drette j 77
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 12:27:44 PM »

As I have said to friends and family this year..... This too shall pass. We will get through this season. TU fans expect the winning tradition to continue and it will. I, too, remember the 2003 season with Coach C and the other seasons mentioned with Catchings and Martin. Things do go in cycles,even GOLDEN TIGER FOOTBALL!! This is not an excuse, just a fact.

I am not in agreement with throwing Coach Slater under the bus for 1 bad season. nono2 I know that we will be back. As for me... RIDE OR DIE... WITH TU!!!! nod nod nod

The Avatar says it all!
Que82
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 12:32:12 PM »

As I have said to friends and family this year..... This too shall pass. We will get through this season. TU fans expect the winning tradition to continue and it will. I, too, remember the 2003 season with Coach C and the other seasons mentioned with Catchings and Martin. Things do go in cycles,even GOLDEN TIGER FOOTBALL!! This is not an excuse, just a fact.

I am not in agreement with throwing Coach Slater under the bus for 1 bad season. nono2 I know that we will be back. As for me... RIDE OR DIE... WITH TU!!!! nod nod nod
^^^^^^
Sounds like a real fan to me. nod

AntonioM229
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 12:34:59 PM »

. A lot of schools may licking their chops in public, but behind closed doors, they really don't want to play Tuskegee this year or any other.
Nobody ain't scared to play Tuskegee.
drette j 77
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 12:36:32 PM »

Thanks, QUE. I have been going to TI/TU football games since I was 18 months old and I'll take  that big compliment you just gave me. nod nod hugs

The Avatar says it all!
Golden Kitten
Assistant GM

Student Advokitty/Fashion Police

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »

Yet more false bravado from a goat... Roll Eyes

We should not assume that we are funding at the full level this year...do you KNOW that for sure? shrug

Teeny-Honor Roll & Writer of Week-Paul Robeson-Malcolm X Aca
Pages: 1st 1 [2] 3 4 5 » Last Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

HBCUFanNation Store - Custom Sportswear, Merchandise & Apparel including T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Jerseys & more

News