Quantcast
Alabama State New Football Stadium Website!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:43:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Access the Fan Forum through your mobile phone at http://mobff.onnidan.com.  Bookmark this URL for future mobile access.

+  Onnidan Fan Forum
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Discussion
| | |-+  Sports Forum
| | | |-+  Alabama State New Football Stadium Website!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alabama State New Football Stadium Website!  (Read 3220 times)
ASUHORNETS
Assistant GM

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2011, 12:25:58 PM »

http://www.newhornetstadium.com/index.php

The site is still under contruction, not sure why the countdown clock has ASU vs South Carolina, the first game will be the 2012 Turkey Day Classic...

Virtual tour....

http://www.alasu.edu/multimedia/videos/stadium-flyover-2/index.aspx

The Hornets Nest!
G-Ram
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 12:53:04 PM »

That's a very nice stadium..................... clap

While Cramton Bowl will be our home for the next two seasons, we are very excited about the ongoing construction of the new Hornet Stadium on the ASU Campus. Visible from I-85, the new stadium will boast 26,500 seats, 20 skyboxes, 200 loge seats, 750 club seats, 2 party terraces and general admission berm seating. The new facility will be located adjacent to the north Hall Street entranceway and run at a slight angle alongside I-85. The main entrance into the stadium will face Hall Street and eventually be linked to a campus wide pedestrian corridor.

This state of the art on campus stadium will host Alabama State Football, which will be the first time football has been played on campus since 19??. In addition to football, the facility can accommodate major events such as concerts and festivals as well as smaller events such as receptions and meetings. Retail space, restaurant, and administration offices are some of the amenities that ensure this stadium will be used 365 days a year. The new HORNET STADIUM is schedule to open for the Turkey Day Classic in November of 2012!!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:55:54 PM by G-Ram » Logged
DRUMMA1
Assistant GM

"Hail, Hail To Thee..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 01:19:19 PM »

I can't even hate on the Bees.  That is a VERY nice stadium and those suites are sick!

Alabama State, PV, and Texas Southern are going to have some of the best facilities in FCS.   clap

punchy
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 01:48:07 PM »

This is a BEAUTIFUL stadium!  Shocked What is ASU's average home attendance?

Jay_Thomas
Assistant GM

WatchOUTnow!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 01:50:35 PM »

NO DOUBT! Sting em, Beez!!!

That facility is fantastic!   nod

DRUMMA1
Assistant GM

"Hail, Hail To Thee..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 02:03:50 PM »

Kind of average but if they start winning again, they will fill up.  They open the new stadium in November 2012 so I know the Turkey Day Classic will have 30,000.

punchy
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 02:50:42 PM »

Kind of average but if they start winning again, they will fill up.  They open the new stadium in November 2012 so I know the Turkey Day Classic will have 30,000.

clap nod

Jaimac
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 02:51:11 PM »

Nice.   nod

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.~
lew9ball
Assistant GM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 03:45:18 PM »

Very nice....HORNETS.... nod nod

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else"
                       Booker T. Washington
tiger4life
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 12:05:01 AM »

DO YOU KNOW WHO THAT OPPONENT WILL BE? WHEN DOES THE CURRENT CONTRACT RUN OUT WITH SKEGEE

ONCE A TIGER ALWAYS A TIGER  77‘
Maddogfall84
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 09:23:08 AM »

Very Very Impressive clap
Conquero
Assistant GM

Assistant Coach

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 10:07:23 AM »

Now that is a football Stadium.   nod

Wow!  Alabama State University! Wow!
Que82
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 10:46:26 AM »

tiptoe

Black Spartan
Assistant GM

Head Coach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 01:53:54 PM »

That will rocket this stadium to the top of the HBCU list as "best stadium". The answer to the attendance question was avoided with the best two step I've seen since Nixon was in the white house. 26,500 is a big number for HBCU's, and I imagine anybody who starts winning will draw numbers (noteable exceptions: Hampton and Virginia Union). What was ASU's avg home attendance in 2010? I will say this though, the Hornet recruiting efforts should take a huge bump if they have anything close to respectable coaching. Unless, they spent the recruiting, scholarship, and operating budgets on the stadium itself. And even if they did. It's smart to fund the perminant facilities before you start funding the rest of the program. I'm happy for ASU football fans. That stadium is top flight.

BEHOLD!!! The Green and Gold!
Que82
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 04:16:21 PM »

That will rocket this stadium to the top of the HBCU list as "best stadium". The answer to the attendance question was avoided with the best two step I've seen since Nixon was in the white house. 26,500 is a big number for HBCU's, and I imagine anybody who starts winning will draw numbers (noteable exceptions: Hampton and Virginia Union). What was ASU's avg home attendance in 2010? I will say this though, the Hornet recruiting efforts should take a huge bump if they have anything close to respectable coaching. Unless, they spent the recruiting, scholarship, and operating budgets on the stadium itself. And even if they did. It's smart to fund the perminant facilities before you start funding the rest of the program. I'm happy for ASU football fans. That stadium is top flight.

If you don't add in the Turkey Day Classic they averaged about 9800 a game.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

HBCUFanNation Store - Custom Sportswear, Merchandise & Apparel including T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Jerseys & more

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News