Quantcast
Comedian Gary Owens
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 11:04:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Access the Fan Forum through your mobile phone at http://mobff.onnidan.com.  Bookmark this URL for future mobile access.

+  Onnidan Fan Forum
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Discussion
| | |-+  General Discussion Forum
| | | |-+  Comedian Gary Owens
« previous next »
Pages: 1st 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Comedian Gary Owens  (Read 7359 times)
The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green
Assistant GM

#1 NCCU Fan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 10:59:12 AM »

I like Gary Owens.  He has stated on the TJMS several times that his father and several of his relatives are rednecks.   I think he get his comedy break at a black comedy club.  He has been a huge supporter of the Tom Joyner Scholarship Foundation.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY
FSUHALL
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 09:38:42 AM »

J1908,

Reading is definitely fundamental and I surely understand what you are saying but I just found this topic to make my point because a lot of blacks don't like his comedy and think because he is married to a black woman he still does not have the right to joke about it but black comedians and the tom joyner morning show can talk about whites or how the white coach benched the black quarterback in DC (McNabb) or other black and white issues that a white radio host or white comedian would be fired for doing.  Trust me J, with the wars, and recession and tea party there are plenty of things on earth to get upset about, letting T. Hall "IRK" you, I'm not worth the energy.  Angel

We have double standards and he is the only one that can get away with our standards, we can talk about white folks all the time in our comedy routine but when white folks talk about us they are racist, you never hear white comedians talk about blacks because we would have an uproar but we can talk about their dance and cooking and food and their talk and the rednecks; double standard!
Why did you just irk the L out of me? What I asked has nothing to do with racism. I said I was tired of his black jokes, which isn't the same. He talks about his family in all his routine and it's not funny to me anymore. READING  IS FUNDAMENTAL!!!!

"I been through too much not to worship Him"

Fish and grits every morning and evening!
y04185
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 11:20:24 AM »

i concur

Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

j1908
Assistant GM

Pinkies Up!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 01:14:08 PM »

J1908,

Reading is definitely fundamental and I surely understand what you are saying but I just found this topic to make my point because a lot of blacks don't like his comedy and think because he is married to a black woman he still does not have the right to joke about it but black comedians and the tom joyner morning show can talk about whites or how the white coach benched the black quarterback in DC (McNabb) or other black and white issues that a white radio host or white comedian would be fired for doing.  Trust me J, with the wars, and recession and tea party there are plenty of things on earth to get upset about, letting T. Hall "IRK" you, I'm not worth the energy.  Angel

We have double standards and he is the only one that can get away with our standards, we can talk about white folks all the time in our comedy routine but when white folks talk about us they are racist, you never hear white comedians talk about blacks because we would have an uproar but we can talk about their dance and cooking and food and their talk and the rednecks; double standard!
Why did you just irk the L out of me? What I asked has nothing to do with racism. I said I was tired of his black jokes, which isn't the same. He talks about his family in all his routine and it's not funny to me anymore. READING  IS FUNDAMENTAL!!!!

Point well taken hugs
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 01:15:40 PM by j1908 » Logged

“If intimidation is your game plan, I hope you have a better one.”
EPJr
Assistant GM

So Proud 2B a Panther; da Raider Nation; DCU4Life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 01:46:50 PM »

...so who is this  dude?
does he only do college campuses?
j - don't sound like you have to go very far
not to hear him
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 01:48:24 PM by EPJr » Logged

j1908
Assistant GM

Pinkies Up!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 03:03:44 PM »

...so who is this  dude?
not to hear him

A comedian who does segments on the TJMS. He is married to a black lady and his routine is centered around his family.

Que82
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 03:17:35 PM »

...so who is this  dude?
not to hear him

A comedian who does segments on the TJMS. He is married to a black lady and his routine is centered around his family.
Wasn't he also on House of Payne?

j1908
Assistant GM

Pinkies Up!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 06:27:38 PM »

Yes, he dated the owner's daughter.

MrSoul
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 10:52:02 PM »

I've heard him a few times before. He's okay, surely nothing to write home about.
Bison 4 Life
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2010, 01:14:24 AM »

Black comedy is dead, or on serious life support.

GALFAMU
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 07:28:17 PM »

Black comedy is dead, or on serious life support.

IMHO--dead is more like it.

The GOP Is A Party Of "MAD MEN" Living In A "MODERN FAMILY" world.--Matthew Dowd
Pages: 1st 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

HBCUFanNation Store - Custom Sportswear, Merchandise & Apparel including T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Jerseys & more

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News