Quantcast
the bands in the 2009 Honda BOTB are.....
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 04:46:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Access the Fan Forum through your mobile phone at http://mobff.onnidan.com.  Bookmark this URL for future mobile access.

+  Onnidan Fan Forum
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Discussion
| | |-+  On the Sidelines and In The Stands
| | | |-+  the bands in the 2009 Honda BOTB are.....
« previous next »
Pages: 1st 1 [2] 3 4 5 » Last Go Down Print
Author Topic: the bands in the 2009 Honda BOTB are.....  (Read 8650 times)
Bro. Askia Musa Afiba
Assistant GM

"Sound Machine" Band Booster & NCCU Eagle Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 09:42:46 PM »

The NCCU Marching Sound Machine is NEVER placed into the same old bag as anyone else, which is a very good thing for continued growth and development for the future.

As long as what the MSM is doing, is working very well, while helping to develop growth, skill and style, NCCU should not change a thing that has been working.

Any other words, "If It Is Not Broken, Don't Fix It" !!!!!! 
http://nccueagles.smugmug.com/gallery/4590607_Qzrz5#413880482_AAv6e

Take Care!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 09:48:48 PM by Bro. Askia Musa Afiba » Logged

On NCCU Wings of "Eagles Up - Soaring High" With Eagle Pride Amplified!  

Eagles Fan Forum
Sound Machine
Alumni Eagles
MrSoul
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 08:28:23 AM »

$100 BET:
FAMU "Da Hunded" will spell out "OBAMA".
 tiptoe
 lol

everyone will spell out Obama or do some type of Obama tribute, bet the house on that!
MrSoul
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 08:30:25 AM »

No one liked NCCU's show last year except maybe NC Central's band director. Trust me, it was not a crowd favorite. It is like in the movie drumline, I don't care how good you are, your only purpose is to wow the crowd. Central did not do it, they were off on their own planet. Now on the comment that if Shaw had an opportunity to go back we would. Not if it costs us in these difficult economic times.  no

It does not cost bands to travel to the Honda.  No one liked NCCU's show? shrug  Really?  Were your there?  Did you witness the show?  Somebody liked our show enough to invite us back.  Don't hate on us because Shaw was not invited back.  Remember, NCCU is a regular. 

Eagle Pride, I am a big fan of the Sound Machine and honestly, I didn't really care for their show at the last BOTB either. I thought all of the other shows I have seen by them were really awesome. I know last years was supposed to be something....Different? But I think the only folks who got excited about it were the Eagle Fans. Nothing wrong with that.

They still sounded fantastic, I just didn't get wowed by them like I have before.  no

But I bet you they will really bring it this year!  nod
eagle pride
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 08:37:39 AM »

No one liked NCCU's show last year except maybe NC Central's band director. Trust me, it was not a crowd favorite. It is like in the movie drumline, I don't care how good you are, your only purpose is to wow the crowd. Central did not do it, they were off on their own planet. Now on the comment that if Shaw had an opportunity to go back we would. Not if it costs us in these difficult economic times.  no

It does not cost bands to travel to the Honda.  No one liked NCCU's show? shrug  Really?  Were your there?  Did you witness the show?  Somebody liked our show enough to invite us back.  Don't hate on us because Shaw was not invited back.  Remember, NCCU is a regular. 

Eagle Pride, I am a big fan of the Sound Machine and honestly, I didn't really care for their show at the last BOTB either. I thought all of the other shows I have seen by them were really awesome. I know last years was supposed to be something....Different? But I think the only folks who got excited about it were the Eagle Fans. Nothing wrong with that.

They still sounded fantastic, I just didn't get wowed by them like I have before.  no

But I bet you they will really bring it this year!  nod

Only two bands wowed me last year.  Many people liked our show because it was different.  Most bands were doing the same things until the Sound Machine came on.  Do know that Central recieved the most votes to return back to the Honda.  So what does that tell ya? nod  I still say that we were not treated bad last year.  The Sound Machine did what was expected, something different. 

Whether great or small, victory is victory!
MrSoul
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 08:41:13 AM »

...that Tennessee State's band opted to NOT participate this year.  lol

just kidding 

But for real, like I said, I love the Sound Machine. Yeah, last year's show was different...and I'll leave it at that.  Wink

Jay_Thomas
Assistant GM

Jags Coming!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 08:59:18 AM »

Git yo Gawga Dome Nachos ready! nod

Sssshhheeeeiiii....better eat BEFORE you go, BTWink

RAIN....CAN'T STOP THE HOUSE
...you know the rest, dammitt!
Brother Tony
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 10:00:34 AM »

brickwall
I'll have my wife bring the BIG AKA Purse (Suitcase) Wink lol
She won't carry liqour...but she better bring some Nachos in that big ole' thang. tiptoe

TUSKEGEE.....THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!

"BRINGING THE WORLD TO TUSKEGEE AND TUSKEGEE TO THE WORLD"
Jay_Thomas
Assistant GM

Jags Coming!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 10:10:36 AM »

Tony, I can see you now, scoopin up melted nacho cheese and salsa out of her big ole AKA bag

lmao

While she is rolling her eyes at you and suckin her teeth   Grin

Capler
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 11:16:03 AM »

Don't hate on us because Shaw was not invited back. 

Is my green streak showing that much?  shrug
Jay_Thomas
Assistant GM

Jags Coming!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 12:31:01 PM »

Don't hate on us because Shaw was not invited back. 

Is my green streak showing that much?  shrug

no  Cap, not really, it just isn't that serious

Brother Tony
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 02:22:11 PM »

lol
He can come and support the other Carolina Bands. shrug

TUSKEGEE.....THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!

"BRINGING THE WORLD TO TUSKEGEE AND TUSKEGEE TO THE WORLD"
Capler
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2008, 02:38:25 PM »

No!  Angry I'm not traveling 400 miles to see NCCU's director ignore common wisdom and go off on a strange tangent only he understands or to see FSU do what they do.  no Now A&T would be worth the trip but how can I count the number of times I have seen them this year?
eagle pride
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008, 02:50:47 PM »

No!  Angry I'm not traveling 400 miles to see NCCU's director ignore common wisdom and go off on a strange tangent only he understands or to see FSU do what they do.  no Now A&T would be worth the trip but how can I count the number of times I have seen them this year?

Forget about thoes other Carolina bands; it's all about the Sound Machine.  The Sound Machine is simply the best. 

Whether great or small, victory is victory!
Jay_Thomas
Assistant GM

Jags Coming!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008, 03:02:39 PM »

Maaaaannnnn....you better come on down and enjoy the FAMU Marching 100 and that Sonic Boom from Jackson State and that Ocean of Soul from Texas Southern - THEY'RE OFF THE CHAIN, CAP!

Don't even get me started on JSU's  lovely Prancing J-settes or those dazzling Motion of the Ocean dancers from Texas Southern.

Trust me, you WON'T be disappointed!  Grin

I'm also glad to see Kentucky State in it too. I always enjoy their show. nod

Texas Southern U's Ocean of Soul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaFiOrnLSaE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZdZng-guyQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vox8Oqk7VK0&feature=related

and if you ain't ever seen the Sonic Boom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-DPQZUsMLU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHz8GK1Y2Uk

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 03:08:58 PM by Jay_Thomas » Logged

Capler
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2008, 03:14:25 PM »

Don't even get me started on JSU's  lovely Prancing J-settes or those dazzling Motion of the Ocean dancers from Texas Southern.

Trust me, you WON'T be disappointed!  Grin

Just think JT, if your d!ck was a selection committee of one, could you imagine what the competition would look like?  Shocked

Pages: 1st 1 [2] 3 4 5 » Last Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

HBCUFanNation Store - Custom Sportswear, Merchandise & Apparel including T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Jerseys & more

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News