Quantcast
Anyone following the Jahi McMath story? The braindead child in Oakland
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 06:06:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

+  Onnidan Fan Forum
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Discussion
| | |-+  General Discussion Forum
| | | |-+  Anyone following the Jahi McMath story? The braindead child in Oakland
« previous next »
Pages: 1st 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone following the Jahi McMath story? The braindead child in Oakland  (Read 1508 times)
Cholly
Assistant GM

YES!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 12:26:52 AM »

Strike, my wife and I are raising our youngest son's daughter while he is serving his country.

We have had legal custody since he left for boot camp 4.5 years ago just before she turned 2.

Now considering that he is 27... it was a HELLOVA leap to jump BACK into parenthood.

But man, that little girl is the light of our/MY lives/life. A VERY special child.

So when I see stuff like this, I immediately put myself in the parents shoes. I wonder how I would feel if it happened to MY little girl.

Something like this?!?!

I just don't know how they do it... and I can understand where they are coming from. I really can.

I think YOUR suggestion is best; let Jahi give life to others.  no

y04185
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 06:13:01 AM »

This reminds me of Karen Ann Quinlan.

Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

keithbusting
Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 12:00:21 PM »

Where is the surgeon who operated on Jahi McMath? It looks like he is getting a free pass.
Strike79
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 02:02:57 PM »

Strike, my wife and I are raising our youngest son's daughter while he is serving his country.

We have had legal custody since he left for boot camp 4.5 years ago just before she turned 2.

Now considering that he is 27... it was a HELLOVA leap to jump BACK into parenthood.

But man, that little girl is the light of our/MY lives/life. A VERY special child.

So when I see stuff like this, I immediately put myself in the parents shoes. I wonder how I would feel if it happened to MY little girl.

Something like this?!?!

I just don't know how they do it... and I can understand where they are coming from. I really can.

I think YOUR suggestion is best; let Jahi give life to others.  no
clap............sir, God bless you and Mrs. Cholly for raising your granddaughter while your son, her father, is in the military.  But as your post suggests, you can get VERY ATTACHED to a child VERY QUICKLY.  Don't know what your family has discussed upon your son's termination of his military service and his return to "civilian" life, but I hope the transition - BOTH to civilian life and to his daughter - goes well.  Smiley

Jesus REALLY DOES loves the little children of the WORLD!!!!!!!
Optimusprime
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 08:57:22 PM »

I work as a Social Worker in a hospital - the ICU is part of my charge to plan discharges, provide crisis intervention, explain and execute Advanced Medical Directives, resolve complaints and Bio-ethics consultation.  I have followed this case constantly, because I've had to live events close to it yearly.

First off, +1 on Cholly's thoughts.  Young Jahi is dead, and only the Healer can heal this case now and in the future when she is taken off life support.

The hospital has acted stupidly.  I have wondered why they have moved so quickly.  I've had cases where doctors have kept people on life support for 25-30 days with NO ONE having the gumption to even approach the family with discontinuing of life support.  Just about had a funeral in the room with one case before the family came to the right decision, but we had to wait for a soldier to come in from Afghanistan and proper permission for her incarcerated, life-sentenced son to be brought in with some heavy chains.  This whole piece of this story - the hospital's actions to discontinue life support - is unbelievable to me.  I would have turned in my resignation if I were there, or they would have fired me for testifying against them in these numerous trials.

Finally, Jahi is dead, and the spirit has left the body.  I don't fault the hospital now in its statements that they will not allow feeding tubes or tracheostomy in place or any other operation on a "corpse".  Mom says she responds, but this is not the case.  As she and others are praying, someone need to counsel her that this earth is not our home.  Jahi is doing what her God has purposed her to do.  To have her come back to this earth without knowledge of how to communicate, how to eat, how to expel waste from her body, how to breath without assistance and suffering from multiple vital organ failure or skin integrity is ... not what I would want for either myself or any of my children or grands, etc.
SWAC1
Prophyte

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 09:09:39 PM »

Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7 For we live by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. 2 Corinthians 5:6-9 NIV

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12 NIV
CU1994
Assistant GM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 10:22:51 PM »

This morning on GMA they reported the family saying she responds when she hears her mother's voice.

While this story is horrible, this simply isn't true. She is brain dead, not in a coma. There is no response. She isn't even breathing on her own. My father in law was brain dead and as much as you might want them to be there, they are gone.

Cholly
Assistant GM

YES!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 10:59:11 AM »

^^^Yeah.  no

She's gone... but she can still help others.

The family needs to come to that realization.  Sad

Pages: 1st 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

HBCUFanNation Store - Custom Sportswear, Merchandise & Apparel including T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Jerseys & more

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News