Quantcast
WSSU hoping to lure D-II nat'l football game to Winston-Salem...
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 04:00:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

+  Onnidan Fan Forum
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Discussion
| | |-+  Sports Forum
| | | |-+  WSSU hoping to lure D-II nat'l football game to Winston-Salem...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Last Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSSU hoping to lure D-II nat'l football game to Winston-Salem...  (Read 1332 times)
wssupickle
Assistant GM

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2013, 08:11:59 AM »

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wssu/football/article_d4ecf3b0-61db-11e2-9ef2-001a4bcf6878.html
Capler
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 11:25:40 AM »

I don't see WSSU fans supporting this unless the Ram are in the game.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:03:59 PM by Capler » Logged
Ram-Fan
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 11:38:17 AM »

I don't see WSSU fans supporting this unless the Ram were in the game.

This benefits WSSU and City of Winston Salem regardless of who is playing.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:41:43 AM by Ram-Fan » Logged

Tracy Jordan's three tips to being a good Husband or mate.

1. Be a good listener.

2. Be a good gift giver.

3 Rock that Vajayjay
FSUHALL
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 11:54:56 AM »

They complain about the grass too much so we know this is a moot point, why do they just throw articles out there, well I guess I should read it fiirst!

"I been through too much not to worship Him"

Fish and grits every morning and evening!
Jaimac
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 02:58:47 PM »

Rather interesting....

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.~
SpecialK
Assistant GM

Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 03:26:52 PM »

That's not going to happen

"The best way to predict the future is to create it"
"No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it"
Decks
Assistant GM

Aggie Pride!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 01:44:57 AM »

Regardless if WS get's the game I love Hayes committment to building a championship program.

Aggie Football 2013
It's time to put your big boy pants on!
Ramshouse
Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 06:29:50 PM »

The issue at hand is the ability for WSSU and the city of Winston-Salem to generate revenue and exposure. 
As a person that went to Florence, Alabama last month, I was amazed the the NCAA continues to host their Division II championship game there.  Winston-Salem is far easier to get to , and has more to do within the area.  In addition the "stadium" was not at the level of some high school fields that I have seen. 
So I applaud Coach Hayes for at least making an attempt to "up our game" so to speak.
y04185
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 06:55:57 PM »

The City of Winston-Salem would have to be behind this.  Salem, VA wrote the book on how to host a national title game.  The whole town shows up.  The stadium is sold out before they even know who is going to play in the D-3 championship game.

Winston-Salem could do the same thing.  If WSSU is in the championship game that is icing on the cake.  What you would have would be more whites in attendance than Blacks if WSSU or another HBCU made it to the championship game. 

Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Oldschoolram
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 01:19:52 PM »

The issue at hand is the ability for WSSU and the city of Winston-Salem to generate revenue and exposure. 
As a person that went to Florence, Alabama last month, I was amazed the the NCAA continues to host their Division II championship game there.  Winston-Salem is far easier to get to , and has more to do within the area.  In addition the "stadium" was not at the level of some high school fields that I have seen. 
So I applaud Coach Hayes for at least making an attempt to "up our game" so to speak.

The real trip is how that you and I have been having this discussion since Dec 16. and Hayes is thinking the same.  But I can't.....................................oh never mind. Cheesy  Seriously we have to use our positions with the NAA to try to support this.
Capler
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 03:05:25 PM »

The City of Winston-Salem would have to be behind this.  Salem, VA wrote the book on how to host a national title game.  The whole town shows up.  The stadium is sold out before they even know who is going to play in the D-3 championship game.

Winston-Salem could do the same thing.  If WSSU is in the championship game that is icing on the cake.  What you would have would be more whites in attendance than Blacks if WSSU or another HBCU made it to the championship game. 

The powers that be might be a little shell shot from the MEAC Tournament fiasco.
m ford
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 08:40:12 PM »

That is what TU is giving up the TDC for, a chance to go there, and their stadium is a pin house compaired to TU's stadium. Coach Hays is looking for ways to make money, not give away money so that is a very smart idea on his part.
Pirate12
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 12:56:38 PM »

Bravo. I take my hat off to a man like Hayes that is thinking forward, not hindered by circumstances, takes chances and not being stuck in woe-is me land and "you know we just got out of slavery" blah, blah, blah.

Oldschoolram
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 01:28:01 PM »

The powers that be might be a little shell shot from the MEAC Tournament fiasco.

Different situation here.  BTW, that was that man's fault too to some degree.
Capler
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »

So Oldschool, tell us how you really feel about that man?
Pages: [1] 2 Last Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

HBCUFanNation Store - Custom Sportswear, Merchandise & Apparel including T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Jerseys & more

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News