Quantcast
Gun Violence in VA Falls, Firearms Sales Up
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 08:42:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.  "PERSONAL ATTACKS" will not be tolerated.  Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

+  Onnidan Fan Forum
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Discussion
| | |-+  General Discussion Forum
| | | |-+  Gun Violence in VA Falls, Firearms Sales Up
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gun Violence in VA Falls, Firearms Sales Up  (Read 229 times)
y04185
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2012, 06:38:41 AM »

Looks like you anti gun people are wrong again. 

Full story

Gun-related violence has fallen steadily since 2006 in Virginia despite record firearm sales, according to a university professor's analysis.

Virginia Commonwealth University professor Thomas R. Baker compared state crime data from 2006 through 2011 with gun-dealer sales estimates obtained by the Richmond Times-Dispatch (http://bit.ly/YcTt5E).

Baker's analysis shows the number of gun purchases soared 73 percent in the six-year period, while gun-related violent crimes fell 24 percent.

Baker, who specializes in research methods and criminology theory, said the comparison seems to contradict the premise that more guns lead to more crime in Virginia.

Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Maroon and Gray
Assistant GM

Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 01:31:49 PM »

How many of those gun sales were out of state purchases?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

y04185
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 02:40:17 PM »

Huh?

Maroon and Gray
Assistant GM

Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 03:11:10 PM »

Huh?

People from strict gun law states buy guns from states with less restrictions. Surly you have heard of this?

y04185
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 03:13:42 PM »

Huh?

People from strict gun law states buy guns from states with less restrictions. Surly you have heard of this?

What's less restricted about Virginia gun laws?  If you are from out of state it's harder to buy guns. 

Maroon and Gray
Assistant GM

Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 03:40:57 PM »

Huh?

What's less restricted about Virginia gun laws?  If you are from out of state it's harder to buy guns.
Since I'm not buying a gun, I couldn't tell  you.  However, I am aware that this practice happens. I'm sure it's easier to buy a gun in VA than it is in NY

CIAA-FAN
Assistant GM

Assistant Coach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 05:18:57 PM »

Full story

Gun-related violence has fallen steadily since 2006 in Virginia despite record firearm sales, according to a university professor's analysis.

Virginia Commonwealth University professor Thomas R. Baker compared state crime data from 2006 through 2011 with gun-dealer sales estimates obtained by the Richmond Times-Dispatch (http://bit.ly/YcTt5E).

Baker's analysis shows the number of gun purchases soared 73 percent in the six-year period, while gun-related violent crimes fell 24 percent.

Baker, who specializes in research methods and criminology theory, said the comparison seems to contradict the premise that more guns lead to more crime in Virginia.

WASHINGTON, DC HAS PERHAPS THE TOUGHEST GUN LAWS IN THE NATION.  TEN YEARS AGO THEY HAD 478 HOMICIDES OF WHICH THE VASY MAJORITY WERE HAND-GUN RELATED.  THIS YEAR TO DATE THEY HAS 78.  SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

WHY POOR AND MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE VOTE AGAINST THEIR OWN INTERESTS -- "IF YOU CAN CONVINCE THE LOWEST WHITE MAN HE'S BETTER THAT THE LOWEST COLORED MAN, HE WON'T NOTICE YOU'RE PICKING HIS POCKET.  HELL, GIVE HIM SOMETHING TO LOOK DOWN ON AND HE'LL EMPTY HIS POCKETS FOR YOU." --- LYNDON JOHNSON
y04185
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 05:23:45 PM »

Full story

WASHINGTON, DC HAS PERHAPS THE TOUGHEST GUN LAWS IN THE NATION.  TEN YEARS AGO THEY HAD 478 HOMICIDES OF WHICH THE VASY MAJORITY WERE HAND-GUN RELATED.  THIS YEAR TO DATE THEY HAS 78.  SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

You can now legally own a handgun in DC.  What is your point?

CIAA-FAN
Assistant GM

Assistant Coach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 05:29:54 PM »

Full story

You can now legally own a handgun in DC.  What is your point?

I SEE YOU STILL CAN'T / WON'T ANSWER A SIMPLE AND DIRECT QUESTION BUT INSTEAD RESPOND WITH ANOTHER QUESTION. 

WHY POOR AND MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE VOTE AGAINST THEIR OWN INTERESTS -- "IF YOU CAN CONVINCE THE LOWEST WHITE MAN HE'S BETTER THAT THE LOWEST COLORED MAN, HE WON'T NOTICE YOU'RE PICKING HIS POCKET.  HELL, GIVE HIM SOMETHING TO LOOK DOWN ON AND HE'LL EMPTY HIS POCKETS FOR YOU." --- LYNDON JOHNSON
y04185
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 06:08:14 PM »

I answered your question.  Then I asked you a question.  Reading is fundamental.

y04185
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 06:54:00 AM »

Once again when C-F is confronted with facts he shuts the hell up.

Capler
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 10:48:20 AM »

Come on people lets tell this like it is. The homicide and gun violence rate has very little to do with gun sales. It all about street level gang activity and the drug trade. These are young African American and Hispanic men who are killing one another.  Most communities across the country have gotten really aggressive about dealing with gang activity. Communities who do this see a major drop in gun violence and the  homicide rate. It has nothing to do with gun sales. Gang members don't get gun purchase permits.
y04185
Assistant GM

Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 11:40:12 AM »

Come on people lets tell this like it is. The homicide and gun violence rate has very little to do with gun sales. It all about street level gang activity and the drug trade. These are young African American and Hispanic men who are killing one another.  Most communities across the country have gotten really aggressive about dealing with gang activity. Communities who do this see a major drop in gun violence and the  homicide rate. It has nothing to do with gun sales. Gang members don't get gun purchase permits.

That's what CIAA-FAN is unable to understand.  He also doesn't understand that gun crimes are down in DC because law abiding citizens can not own handguns. 

PharoahNupe94
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 02:52:49 PM »

clap Good for VA
As long as you follow the law. It's all good
I have plenty of guns and rifles.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

HBCUFanNation Store - Custom Sportswear, Merchandise & Apparel including T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Jerseys & more

News