Quantcast
NCCU football coach Frazier arrested
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 02:41:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

+  Onnidan Fan Forum
|-+  Forum
| |-+  Discussion
| | |-+  Sports Forum
| | | |-+  NCCU football coach Frazier arrested
« previous next »
Pages: 1st « 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 » Last Go Down Print
Author Topic: NCCU football coach Frazier arrested  (Read 11892 times)
DAW912
Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2012, 07:53:44 PM »

IDK what to say about this.  Frazier has been a model citizen all of his career so we have to give him a pass right?  This is a bad situation and I hope it works out.  That being said NCCU better not fire him because, theres a school in Savannah that he can rebuild from the ground up.  This is a situation our AD should monitor closely. 
  Why in the blue-hail would we want a coach who 1)  hits women and 2)  lost to the coach and team we already have?  Where's your pride, ssutigerpride?
Come on DAW don't kick a man while he's down, we really don't know if he was violent or not. 

And so we're judging HF III career on one game that he lost vs. SSU.  But were not going to judge Davenport on 2 seasons worth of losses?  I get that Davenport came from UAB and he's from FBS and all but when will we start seeing results ON THE FIELD?  I can't really believe youre debating with me that you'd rather have Steve Davenport than HF III under any circumstance.  smh.   shrug

But we do know that he and his Eagles lost to SSU.  I'm sure the victim is lying. shrug
Two season worth of losses? You right, I can't believe I'm debating you because you don't even know how long Davenport has been the coach at SSU. This IS his second year.  Last year was his first.  He took over a program that has been seriously underfunded for the last, I don't know, I lost count at least a decade ago.  Yes, I am arguing in favor of Davenport.  To think that we will go 6-5 in his second year of taking over the helms of a program that hasn't been in the dumps for many, many years, is a bit..  unreasonable and wishful thinking on your part. 
I am glad that we finally have an administration in place at SSU that gets it.  Or we'd continue changing coaches like a hooker changes johns.  Davenport will get 3-4 years to turn the program around.  If he fails to do so, then he will be replaced.  BTW, I'm very aware of Frazier's track record.  Just because you have success or failure at on school doesn't translate to the same result at a different school.  Each job creates different challenges and/or circumstances where Frazier may be able to yield the same success or he may fall on his face.  Nothing is etched in stone.   \

As far as Davenport goes, I agree, we finally have the resources for him to work with.  Now he has the difficult task of convincing good athletes that they should make SSU their choice.  Given the state of SSU's football program,  if you were a good athlete, how easy would it be for Davenport to convince you to come to SSU at this point?  *crickets*   

Brother SSUtigerpride, we have to move away from the practice of the revolving door policy we have for our coaches.  We can't continue firing coaches every two years and expect the program to grow.  For a program to grow, it needs stability.  Give the man time to turn the program around.  Look at how we handled Broadnax?  He didn't do so well the first couple of years, but we gave him time and look at what he has built?  All of our coaches deserve the same courtesy.   

You can get anywhere from here
THA_MAD_RAPPER
Assistant GM

SH*T TALKER BUT IT'S ALL LOVE !!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2012, 08:05:54 PM »

Too bad you people weren't so kind to Mike Haywood.

It was a lot with Mike the domestic matter was the icing on the cake. We did not do a background check on him. When the domestic issue came out then a background check was done and the bones started poppin out

DJTheRealist
Assistant GM

Mr. Fierce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2012, 08:23:16 PM »

Looks like NCCU needs to hire a real coach and not one that just does a lot of talking as Frazier seemed to do.

NCCU folks remember this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56WPZtAioIg

Did I miss something...I don't understand the point of the clip...but ok... shrug

Co-Founder of the NCCU Screaming Eagles...Don't Mess With The Flock!!!
The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green
Assistant GM

#1 NCCU Fan

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »

You folks are so far out in left field with all of this talk.  There are a lot of facts that have not even been mentioned so far.  All of this will come out very soon and Frazier will be vindicated.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY
ssutigerpride
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2012, 12:59:16 AM »

IDK what to say about this.  Frazier has been a model citizen all of his career so we have to give him a pass right?  This is a bad situation and I hope it works out.  That being said NCCU better not fire him because, theres a school in Savannah that he can rebuild from the ground up.  This is a situation our AD should monitor closely. 
  Why in the blue-hail would we want a coach who 1)  hits women and 2)  lost to the coach and team we already have?  Where's your pride, ssutigerpride?

Come on DAW don't kick a man while he's down, we really don't know if he was violent or not. 

And so we're judging HF III career on one game that he lost vs. SSU.  But were not going to judge Davenport on 2 seasons worth of losses?  I get that Davenport came from UAB and he's from FBS and all but when will we start seeing results ON THE FIELD?  I can't really believe youre debating with me that you'd rather have Steve Davenport than HF III under any circumstance.  smh.   shrug

But we do know that he and his Eagles lost to SSU.  I'm sure the victim is lying. shrug
Two season worth of losses? You right, I can't believe I'm debating you because you don't even know how long Davenport has been the coach at SSU. This IS his second year.  Last year was his first.  He took
 over a program that has been seriously underfunded for the last, I don't know, I lost count at least a decade ago.  Yes, I am arguing in favor of Davenport.  To think that we will go 6-5 in his second year of taking over the helms of a program that hasn't been in the dumps for many, many years, is a bit..  unreasonable and wishful thinking on your part. 
I am glad that we finally have an administration in place at SSU that gets it.  Or we'd continue changing coaches like a hooker changes johns.  Davenport will get 3-4 years to turn the program around.  If he fails to do so, then he will be replaced.  BTW, I'm very aware of Frazier's track record.  Just because you
have success or failure at on school doesn't translate to the same result at a different school.  Each job creates different challenges and/or circumstances where Frazier may be able to yield the same success or he may fall on his face.  Nothing is etched in stone.   \

As far as Davenport goes, I agree, we finally have the resources for him to work with.  Now he has the difficult task of convincing good athletes that they should make SSU their choice.  Given the state of
SSU's football program,  if you were a good athlete, how easy would it be for Davenport to convince you to come to SSU at this point?  *crickets*   
Brother SSUtigerpride, we have to move away from the practice of the revolving door policy we have for our coaches.  We can't continue firing coaches every two years and expect the program to grow.  For a
program to grow, it needs stability.  Give the man time to turn the program around.  Look at how we handled Broadnax?  He didn't do so well the first couple of years, but we gave him time and look at what he has built?  All of our coaches deserve the same courtesy.   

Yea that's my bad that was yr 1 under davenport...   We were under Robby wells and interim coaches in 2010....  Davenport was hired in spring of '10...   But that being said I watched every home game a year ago and I saw no improvement...  Davenport didn't pick a qb and stick with him....  And for him to have an offensive background we were putrid in that area...  I understand you being an advocate for stability but under davenport we could be consistently bad...  I'm willing to give him this yr but we can't afford to wait on him like we did broadnax...  At what point can we expect to win? I'm gonna support whomever we have as hc, but he has to improve...  So how many wins constitute as a success for you this season?  I just feel like we haven't hired the right coach since basil... 

-2013 NCAA Baseball Tournament Appearance
-2013 Baseball MEAC Champions
-2012 Regular Season Basketball MEAC Champions
-2012 NIT Appearance

"You can get anywhere from here"
DAW912
Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2012, 01:42:14 AM »

Two season worth of losses? You right, I can't believe I'm debating you because you don't even know how long Davenport has been the coach at SSU. This IS his second year.  Last year was his first.  He took
 over a program that has been seriously underfunded for the last, I don't know, I lost count at least a decade ago.  Yes, I am arguing in favor of Davenport.  To think that we will go 6-5 in his second year of taking over the helms of a program that hasn't been in the dumps for many, many years, is a bit..  unreasonable and wishful thinking on your part. 
I am glad that we finally have an administration in place at SSU that gets it.  Or we'd continue changing coaches like a hooker changes johns.  Davenport will get 3-4 years to turn the program around.  If he fails to do so, then he will be replaced.  BTW, I'm very aware of Frazier's track record.  Just because you
have success or failure at on school doesn't translate to the same result at a different school.  Each job creates different challenges and/or circumstances where Frazier may be able to yield the same success or he may fall on his face.  Nothing is etched in stone.   \

As far as Davenport goes, I agree, we finally have the resources for him to work with.  Now he has the difficult task of convincing good athletes that they should make SSU their choice.  Given the state of
SSU's football program,  if you were a good athlete, how easy would it be for Davenport to convince you to come to SSU at this point?  *crickets*   
Brother SSUtigerpride, we have to move away from the practice of the revolving door policy we have for our coaches.  We can't continue firing coaches every two years and expect the program to grow.  For a
program to grow, it needs stability.  Give the man time to turn the program around.  Look at how we handled Broadnax?  He didn't do so well the first couple of years, but we gave him time and look at what he has built?  All of our coaches deserve the same courtesy.   

Yea that's my bad that was yr 1 under davenport...   We were under Robby wells and interim coaches in 2010....  Davenport was hired in spring of '10...   But that being said I watched every home game a year ago and I saw no improvement...  Davenport didn't pick a qb and stick with him....  And for him to have an offensive background we were putrid in that area...  I understand you being an advocate for stability but under davenport we could be consistently bad...  I'm willing to give him this yr but we can't afford to wait on him like we did broadnax...  At what point can we expect to win? I'm gonna support whomever we have as hc, but he has to improve...  So how many wins constitute as a success for you this season?  I just feel like we haven't hired the right coach since basil... 
  You do realize DeFillipsis starting the last two seasons was all politics, right?  We were already being sued by Wells for racism and to not at least start the season with DeFillipsis would have been a bad move.  We have been so bad for so long, it's going to take years to recover.  In order for us to get quality recruits, we have to win, and in order to win, we need solid recruits.  That's a hellova position for any coach to be in.  Next year we should see the significant improvements you are looking for.  I saw vast improvements from the team from when Dixon and Wells were coaching them, it just didn't translate into wins.  For one, they were far more discipline as a team than they were under the previous coaches.  Also, the schedule they had to play last season was far more difficult than the cup cake schedule they were playing under Wells and Dixon.  A coach is only as good as the talent and resources he/she has at his/her disposal.    If we keep firing coaches every two years, we will never recover.  We've been doing that since Bill Davis died.  Where has that gotten us to this point?  Stability is very important when you are trying to build.  We need to try something different this time around.   Every coach needs at least three to four years to get all of their recruits in and the former regime's recruits out.  I could see if SSU was a 5-5 or better team, then I may agree with you in given him less time, but come on, he took over a program that couldn't have been in any worst of shape.  It's going to take time to turn things around.   Bill Davis was in a similar position when he first took over as coach at then SSC.  The program was at the bottom of the SIAC.  It took him longer than 2 years to turn things around, so why should we expect a miracle from Davenport?

You can get anywhere from here
Thinkingaboutit
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2012, 05:56:10 AM »

You folks are so far out in left field with all of this talk. There are a lot of facts that have not even been mentioned so far. All of this will come out very soon and Frazier will be vindicated.
 THANKS! Well said.  I have concerns and sincerely hope this has been blown way out of proportion due to who is involved and media sensations.   Furthering the issue are embellishments tacked on by posters with their own speculated scenarios that are later repeated as facts by others. Since SSU has taken this thread over, let us Eagles depart. ON other forums it has gone to the ridiculous. We want our coach to be reinstated and hope all is well with his family.  Our coach is a very good parent and attentive to his children. He truly is a good guy. He has a staff of good people who are down to earth and friendly to friends of the university and alumni.  He has represented NCCU so well in public with his candid remarks and positive attitude. WE LIKE HIM!   This has been a daunting year for NCCU athletics but it is EAGLE Business] and let us leave it be until the proper persons ( in the know) have spoken. I'm out of here. See yeah. [/b]
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 06:09:10 AM by Thinkingaboutit » Logged
Ram-Fan
Assistant GM

Message Board Gangsters For Life

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2012, 06:31:11 AM »

You folks are so far out in left field with all of this talk. There are a lot of facts that have not even been mentioned so far. All of this will come out very soon and Frazier will be vindicated.
 THANKS! Well said.  I have concerns and sincerely hope this has been blown way out of proportion due to who is involved and media sensations.   Furthering the issue are embellishments tacked on by posters with their own speculated scenarios that are later repeated as facts by others. Since SSU has taken this thread over, let us Eagles depart. ON other forums it has gone to the ridiculous. We want our coach to be reinstated and hope all is well with his family.  Our coach is a very good parent and attentive to his children. He truly is a good guy. He has a staff of good people who are down to earth and friendly to friends of the university and alumni.  He has represented NCCU so well in public with his candid remarks and positive attitude. WE LIKE HIM!   This has been a daunting year for NCCU athletics but it is EAGLE Business] and let us leave it be until the proper persons ( in the know) have spoken. I'm out of here. See yeah. [/b]

How much interaction have you personally had with Frazier at NCCU and in his personal life?

NCCU SOL Alum

Eagle Pride on the Low (please don't tell anyone)
FunCkMaster
Assistant GM

Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2012, 09:56:52 AM »

Funny. Condemn who you don't like, pray for those you do. Typical christians. How stupids was plaxico shooting himself? How stupid was Petrino, he got what he deserved? He had a family, kids, job? We have all fallen short and sinned but pray for all, not just the ones you believe in. All of us, but some are looked so far down on because they can't do anything for you. Thats sad and the worst part of Black christians. Pray for his wife. What if he did hit her and broke her glasses. These women knowadays? Really, they are who they are, but you don't put your hands on them and we all were taught that period as children. It ain't about sides, its about image and NCCU is taking a hit and will take a hit period because of this. So if you want to win, you will still be a school with no morals.

Well I am sure glad that I prayed for him and his family...Then I'd be part of the "typical Christians"... Roll Eyes lol

BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2013 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
Oh yeah, and the Dallas Cowboys, Duke Basketball, New York Yankees...ARE STILL THE REAL AXIS OF EVIL..
Ram-Fan
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2012, 10:01:23 AM »

Funny. Condemn who you don't like, pray for those you do. Typical christians. How stupids was plaxico shooting himself? How stupid was Petrino, he got what he deserved? He had a family, kids, job? We have all fallen short and sinned but pray for all, not just the ones you believe in. All of us, but some are looked so far down on because they can't do anything for you. Thats sad and the worst part of Black christians. Pray for his wife. What if he did hit her and broke her glasses. These women knowadays? Really, they are who they are, but you don't put your hands on them and we all were taught that period as children. It ain't about sides, its about image and NCCU is taking a hit and will take a hit period because of this. So if you want to win, you will still be a school with no morals.

Well I am sure glad that I prayed for him and his family...Then I'd be part of the "typical Christians"... Roll Eyes lol

Did you pray for George Zimmerman?

You know Frazier, so different for folks that don't personally know Frazier.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:31:59 AM by Ram-Fan » Logged

NCCU SOL Alum

DJTheRealist
Assistant GM

Mr. Fierce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2012, 10:38:01 AM »

How much interaction have you personally had with Frazier at NCCU and in his personal life?

After a little eagle told me the full scope of things as Sloping Hills stated the full story will come out very soon....One doesn't have to have "direct" communication with him but others that have direct communication with him...again...more information will be out soon and this will be put to rest...

Co-Founder of the NCCU Screaming Eagles...Don't Mess With The Flock!!!
FunCkMaster
Assistant GM

Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2012, 12:03:40 PM »

Yup. nod

And while I am being truthful. I will admit that before and after praying for the dude, I have called him some names...That was my flesh speakin.' I am a work in progress everyday. As we all are...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:07:36 PM by FunCkMaster » Logged

BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
Oh yeah, and the Dallas Cowboys, Duke Basketball, New York Yankees...ARE STILL THE REAL AXIS OF EVIL..
MilesBear1
Assistant GM

Mr. S.I.A.C./Mr. S.W.A.C.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2012, 12:10:49 PM »

Funck you are a trip man. "That was my Flesh speakin" Grin lol Snicker They say that the Flesh is Weak. Grin lol nod Snicker lmao

"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive", WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions 01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendence Champions
2011,2013 SIAC West Div. Football Champions
2011 SIAC Football Champions
2011 Pioneer Bowl
Ram-Fan
Assistant GM

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2012, 12:22:19 PM »

Yup. nod

And while I am being truthful. I will admit that before and after praying for the dude, I have called him some names...That was my flesh speakin.' I am a work in progress everyday. As we all are...

I respect that that.

Hopefully we can meet at the game this year.

NCCU SOL Alum

FunCkMaster
Assistant GM

Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2012, 09:43:51 PM »

Yup. nod

I respect that that.

Hopefully we can meet at the game this year.

Must be talkin' about the CIAA title game....I sure hope so! nod

BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
Pages: 1st « 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 » Last Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

HBCUFanNation Store - Custom Sportswear, Merchandise & Apparel including T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Jerseys & more

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News